- How can I prepare for my visit to the USNWC?
- Are there any rules?
- What is appropriate attire?
- What should I bring?
- Do you have locker rooms?
- Do you have storage?
- Is lodging available? What about camping?
- Is there an entrance fee?
- When’s the best time to come?
- How old do I have to be?
- What if I have a medical condition?
- Can you accommodate guests with disabilities?
- Is there a late charge on rental equipment?
- I didn’t fit everything into one visit. Do you have an annual pass?
- Can I bring my dog?
- Can I use my drone to take pictures?
- Should I tip my guide? Is tipping necessary, appropriate or allowed?
- Is the USNWC open rain or shine? What is your weather policy?
- What is your refund policy?
- In order to maximize your experience, explore our website and prepare a list of activities and programs that you want to participate in.
- Call Guest Services at 704.391.3900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to participate in an activity you will be required to sign our waiver.
- Outside food and beverage is prohibited everywhere on the property, including the parking lot.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- The premises and activities at the USNWC are inherently dangerous. You are responsible for your safety and personal property at all times. Please exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Pet owners must keep pets attended on a leash at all times and clean up waste.
- Hammocks cannot be on facility structures.
What is appropriate attire?
Wear comfortable clothes appropriate for your choice of activities and weather conditions. Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or in some cases wet. We recommend wearing closed-toe shoes, as most of our activities require them.
- For rafting: secure shoes are required. Examples are: water shoes, tennis shoes and sandals with a heel strap. Flip flops are not acceptable.
- For land activities: Shorts or pants, shirts, closed toe shoes are required.
Please visit our What to Bring page for more information on appropriate attire and rental options.
What should I bring?
All necessary gear for activities is provided. You need to come prepared by wearing appropriate clothing and footwear. Please remember to bring a towel and an extra set of clothes if you plan to participate in water activities. Keep your electronics in a secured area when participating in our activities. For more information, please visit our What to Bring page for appropriate attire and rental options.
Do you have locker rooms?
Locker room facilities are available. They are equipped with showers, restrooms, changing facilities and personal storage lockers. For $2, locker tokens can be purchased at Guest Services locations, the Outfitter’s Store, and Trail and Kayak Centers. All tokens are one time use only. Please secure locker keys during the day, there is a $15 fee for lost locker keys.
Do you have storage?
Tokens to personal storage lockers can be purchased for $2 at Guest Services locations, the Outfitter’s Store, and Trail and Kayak Centers. All tokens are one time use only. Please secure locker keys during the day, there is a $15 fee for lost locker keys. Storage bins are also available to rent for $10 a day, are accessed at Lower Guest Services, and offer unlimited use.
Is lodging available? What about camping?
The USNWC does not have lodging or camping available on site. Please visit our Local Accommodations page for lodging suggestions.
Is there an entrance fee?
USNWC parking fee is $6 daily (oversized vehicles $18) or $50 for an annual parking pass. Annual Parking Passes are valid through December 31st. Parking passes are available for purchase on-site or online.
When’s the best time to come?
Our peak season is from March through October. During these months, many activities fill up quickly, especially during peak times of the day. Please be mindful of these limitations and be sure to plan ahead.
How old do I have to be?
Many of our activities have age recommendations based on the USNWC activity and physical requirement. These recommended qualifiers vary by activity. Please visit our Activities page for more information on age recommendations.
What if I have a medical condition?
Please seek medical advice from your doctor if you are uncertain whether you should participate in any activity due to a personal health condition. Any medical conditions, physical disabilities or allergies that may require special consideration should call beforehand (704.391.3900).
- Bikes: $25
- Shoes: $25
- Lost locker key: $15
I didn’t fit everything into one visit. Do you have an Annual Pass?
If you are interested in experiencing the USNWC all year long, consider our Annual Pass. It provides unlimited access to all of our activities for 365 days from first use. If you bought a Day Pass, you can credit it towards a USNWC Annual Pass. Crediting the purchase of your Day Pass towards a Annual Pass is only available on the day you use your pass.
Can I bring my dog?
The USNWC is a pet-friendly facility. All pets must be secured with a leash at all times. USNWC is not responsible for lost or injured animals. Please come prepared with plenty of water and clean up after your pets.
Should I tip my guide? Is tipping necessary, appropriate, or allowed?
Tipping is never required but always appreciated. If you have received exceptional service and would like to provide thanks by tipping your guide you may give it to them directly or complete a tip envelope at any Point of Sale location. Simply fill out the guides name, date, and trip time and we will make sure it gets to the guide.
Is the USNWC open rain or shine? What is your weather policy?
In the event of adverse weather, some or all activities may not be available. Please check weather conditions before purchasing any activity pass. Events and programming such as races and festivals operate rain or shine unless otherwise stated by USNWC Staff. The USNWC uses THOR, a lightning prediction system, for severe weather alerts. Activities go on standby in the event of severe weather indicated by one long horn blast from THOR. Activities reopen after three long horn blasts from THOR. We do not offer refunds and/or rainchecks.
What is your refund policy?
We do not offer refunds on Gift Cards, Passes (Parking, Day Pass, Single Activity Pass, Annual Pass, Canopy Tour, or Raft + Zip Tour), special event tickets or Raft Reservations. Raft Reservations cannot be rescheduled.