Sol Fest builds on the tradition of the Brew Stash Bash in a way that provides unique experiences for all guests. This is far more than a traditional beer festival… offering numerous water races, trail racing, yoga, live music, and more. For the beer lovers, a wide selection of regional and national craft breweries will still be featured from 1:00pm to 6:00pm, providing tastes of their signature brews. For those looking to get wet, head down to the river for the Catawba River Races where competitors will take on open water swimming, kayaking, or SUP, or Blazing Paddles, the USNWC’s head-to-head boatercross race through the competition channel. On top of that, enjoy the live music at the River Jam Stage lasting through the evening.
Friday, June 15, 2018:
- 5:00pm – Packet Pick-up begins for Brew Dash 6K at NoDa Brewing Co.
- 6:30pm – Slow Flow Yoga
- 7:00pm – Packet Pick-up ends
- 7:00pm – River Jam – Vanessa Collier
Saturday, June 16, 2018:
- 7:30am – Catawba River Race – Open Water Swim
- 9:00am – Brew Dash 6K Competition Heat
- 9:30am – Catawba River Race – Kayak
- 9:30am – Morning Power Flow Yoga
- 10:00am – Sol Fest Breakfast
- 10:30am – Catawba River Race – Stand-Up Paddleboard
- 11:00am – All Levels Flow Yoga
- 11:00am – Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking Clinic
- 11:30am – Brew Dash 6K Recreational Heat
- 12:30pm – Introduction to Flatwater Kayaking Clinic
- 1:00pm – Craft beer sampling begins
- 1:30pm – Blazing Paddles Boatercross
- 2:00pm – Introduction to Flatwater Kayaking Clinic
- 3:00pm – Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking Clinic
- 3:30pm – Introduction to Flatwater Kayaking Clinic
- 4:00pm – Acro Yoga
- 6:00pm – Craft beer sampling ends
- 7:00pm – River Jam – Unspoken Tradition
Sol Fest Breakfast:
Sol Fest Breakfast offers a chef-prepared breakfast on the Terrace to fuel your Saturday morning. Mimosas, craft beer, and juice available for purchase. Pre-registration only, walk-ups not available.
- Date: Saturday, June 16
- Time: 10:00am (Breakfast will be served at 10:00am sharp)
- Location: the Terrace (see map for details)
- Registration will be available online through Friday, June 15 at 11:59pm
Beer Sampling Information:
- $7 for one sample card (Four 4 oz. samples per card)
- Sample cards can only be redeemed at Sol Fest beer sampling tents
- Sample cards have no cash value and may not be returned or exchanged once purchased
- All sampling participants must be at least 21 years of age
- Sampling will be available from 1:00pm – 6:00pm
There will be over 25 breweries offering unique craft beer samples. Breweries include:
- Appalachian Mountain Brewery
- Ballast Point Brewing Co.
- Birdsong Brewing Co.
- Bold Missy Brewery
- Cigar City Brewing
- Coronado Brewing Co.
- D9 Brewing
- Deschutes Brewery
- The Dreamchaser’s Brewery
- Fiddlin Fish Brewing Company
- Founders Brewing Co.
- Fullsteam Brewery
- Great Lakes Brewing Co.
- Green Man Brewery
- Heist Brewery
- Hi-Wire Brewing
- Holy City Brewing
- Legal Remedy Brewing
- Legion Brewing
- Mother Earth Brewing
- New Sarum Brewing
- NoDa Brewing Company
- Olde Hickory Brewery
- Resident Culture Brewing Company
- Rivermen Brewing Company
- Sycamore Brewing
- Triple C Brewing Co.
- The Unknown Brewing Co.
Join us at the South Ridge (see festival map below for location) for yoga during Sol Fest. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. Regular Yoga Series practices will take place as scheduled, as well as Acro Yoga on Saturday at 4:00pm. More information and details on the USNWC’s Yoga Series can be found here.
Interested in getting into flatwater or whitewater kayaking? Don’t know where to start? Our staff will discuss the differences in boats, necessary gear, general safety, technique, and what is the best way to get into the paddling community, before covering essential techniques on the water. No prior paddling experience is required. All guests must wear closed toe shoes. Come prepared to be in the water.
Registration for Sol Fest clinics takes place at the Kayak Center starting at 9:00am on June 16. Guests looking to participate must have a Day Pass or Single Activity Pass; limited space is available, and clinics are first come first serve. Introduction to Flatwater Kayaking Clinics will take place at 12:30pm, 2:00pm , and 3:30pm; Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking Clinics will take place at 11:00am and 3:00pm
Additional Event Info:
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.
- The USNWC does not have lodging or camping available on site. For local lodging, please visit our Accommodations page.