Outdoor Market offers a unique setting for guests to get hands-on experience with gear from top brands in the outdoor industry. Over three days, this festival offers guests the opportunity to demo bikes, trail running shoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, climbing gear and more throughout the 1,300 acre facility at the U.S. National Whitewater Center. During the festival, guests can also participate in group rides, runs and paddles, as well as yoga practices and educational, participatory, and tech clinics. Opportunities to unwind from the festival’s active nature include live music, craft beer, food, and films.
Friday, October 19, 2018:
- 2:30pm – Exhibitor Market Opens
- 4:00pm – All Levels Flow Yoga
- 4:30pm – Group Paddle on the Catawba
- 5:30pm – Exhibitor Market Closes
- 6:30pm – Slow Flow Yoga
- 6:45pm – Whitewater Film Series
Saturday, October 20, 2018:
- 8:30am – Social Road Bike Ride
- 9:30am – Morning Power Flow Yoga
- 10:00am – Exhibitor Market Opens
- 10:00am – Kids Mountain Bike Group Ride
- 10:30am – Introduction to Mountain Biking Clinic
- 11:00am – All Level Flow Yoga
- 11:30pm – Group Paddle on the Catawba
- 12:00pm – Introduction to Rock Climbing Clinic
- 1:30pm – Flatwater Kayaking Clinic for Kids
- 2:30pm – Acro Yoga
- 3:00pm – Women’s Mountain Bike Skills Clinic
- 3:30pm – Group Run
- 4:00pm – Live Music
- 6:30pm – All Levels Flow Yoga
- 6:30pm – Night Group Run
- 7:00pm – Live Music
- 7:00pm – Exhibitor Market Closes
Sunday, October 21, 2018:
- 9:30am – Kayak Fishing Clinic
- 10:00am – Exhibitor Market Opens
- 10:30am – Group Run
- 11:00am – Fun Flow Yoga
- 11:00am – Mountain Bike Group Ride
- 11:30am – Basic Rescue Technique for Whitewater Paddlers
- 12:00pm – Climbing Technique Clinic
- 1:30pm – Intro to Freestyle Kayaking
- 2:00pm – Slow Flow Yoga
- 2:30pm – Flatwater Stand-Up Paddleboarding Clinic for Kids
- 3:00pm – Live Music
- 4:30pm – Exhibitor Market Closes
Outdoor Market provides you with a unique opportunity to demo the latest and greatest outdoor gear. Exhibitors will be set up throughout the facility ready for you to give a good taste of their newest products on the market. Whether you want to try out a new mountain bike, pair of climbing shoes, trail runners, kayak, or stand-up paddleboard… it can all be done at the Outdoor Market. These opportunities are available to entry level enthusiasts and experts alike.
If you are interested in exhibiting at Outdoor Market, please complete an online application below.
Clinics offer beginners and experts alike the chance to learn more about the outdoors through hands on experiences. Clinics are one hour long, free to participate in, and led by USNWC staff and industry professionals.
- Saturday, 10:30am – Introduction to Mountain Biking Clinic
- Saturday, 3:00pm – Women’s Mountain Bike Skills Clinic
- Saturday, 1:30pm – Flatwater Kayaking Clinic for Kids (1.5 hours)
- Sunday, 9:30am – Kayak Fishing Clinic
- Sunday, 11:30am – Basic Rescue Technique for Whitewater Paddlers
- Sunday, 1:30pm – Intro to Freestyle Kayaking
- Sunday, 2:30pm – Flatwater Stand-Up Paddleboarding Clinic for Kids (1.5 hours)
- Saturday, 12:00pm – Introduction to Rock Climbing Clinic
- Sunday, 12:00pm – Climbing Technique Clinic
Outdoor Market will be the host to a plethora of group rides, runs, and paddle sessions. These group activities are open to all skill levels.
All group rides are free to participate in. A helmet must be worn at all times.
- Saturday, 8:30am – Road Ride meets in front of Outfitters
- Saturday, 10:00pm – Kids Mountain Bike Group Ride meets at Jackrabbit trail head
- Sunday, 11:00am – Mountain Bike Group Ride meets at the Adventure Pavilion
All group runs are free to participate in.
- Saturday, 3:30pm – Group Run meets at Ridge Pavilion
- Saturday, 6:30pm – Night Group Run meets at Ridge Pavilion *Headlamp Required*
- Sunday, 10:30am – Group Run meets at Ridge Pavilion
All group paddle sessions are free to participate in if you have your own craft. If you wish to rent a USNWC craft you will need a day pass or single activity pass. Proper safety equipment (PFD) must be worn at all times.
- Friday, 4:30pm – Group Paddle meets at Kayak Center
- Saturday, 11:30pm – Group Paddle meets at Kayak Center
Join us at the South Ridge for yoga during Outdoor Market. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. Weekly Yoga Series practices will take place as scheduled. More information and details on the USNWC’s Yoga Series can be found here.
Additional Event Info
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- Pass activities will continue to operate during Outdoor Market. Passes can be purchased online or in person.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.