Come celebrate Memorial Day in Charlotte by getting outside and enjoying the Whitewater Center’s Memorial Day Celebration. The day starts with a trail race, is filled with activities and live music, and finishes with fireworks. Zipline through the sky, play on ropes courses and the Deep Water Solo wall, take on the trail via mountain bike, relax with a yoga class, or simply enjoy the fresh air and festivities to live music and fireworks. A day spent outside is a day well spent. As with all of Whitewater’s Festivals, the Memorial Day Celebration is free to attend, open to the public, and does not require tickets.
Sunday, May 24, 2020:
Memorial Day Trail Race:
There’s no better way to kick off the day-long holiday festivities than a run through the woods. The Memorial Day Trail Race features both 5-mile and 8-mile distances through the USNWC trail system.
Join us at the South Ridge for yoga during the Memorial Day Celebration. Participants will meet at the South Ridge (see map for location). Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. Regular Yoga Series practices will take place as scheduled, as well as SUP Yoga at 9:30am and Acro Yoga at 1:30pm on Sunday, May 26. More information and details on the Whitewater Yoga Series can be found here.
SUP Yoga, taking place at 9:30am (register here) and 11:00am (register here) on Sunday, May 26, offers guests the chance to take their yoga practice to the water atop stand-up paddle boards. Practice will be led by a local certified instructor on the flatwater of the Catawba River. All guests must register for a SUP Yoga time slot in order to participate in the class. For guests looking participate in SUP Yoga, there will be a $25 SUP Yoga registration fee; for Annual Pass holders and Day Pass holders there is no charge, but guests must register for the class at Guest Services or at the Kayak Center to secure a spot. Guests bringing their own board will be allowed to take the class at no cost, but are not guaranteed a spot on the anchor system.
- Registration is first come, first serve. Check-in begins 30 minutes prior to class start.
- All equipment is provided with registration fee. This includes SUP board, paddle, PFD (Personal Flotation Device), and anchor.
- Suggested personal items include: hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, towel, and comfortable walking shoes.
Additional Event Info:
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.
- The USNWC does not have lodging or camping available on site. For local lodging, please visit our Accommodations page.