The USNWC is the place to enjoy the long holiday weekend at the Labor Day Celebration, and there is no shortage of ways to get up and get outside all weekend long. The Dry Tri will kick off the festivities on Saturday morning, followed by the Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Climbing Competition later in the evening. Sunday will begin with the Labor Day 5k and 15k Trail Race, followed by a day of outdoor adventure, yoga, live music, and a Labor Day firework show after the sun goes down.
Friday, August 31, 2018:
- 5:00pm – Packet Pick-up begins for Labor Day Trail Race and The Dry Tri
- 6:30pm – Slow Flow Yoga
- 7:00pm – Packet Pick-up ends
- 7:00pm – River Jam
Saturday, September 1, 2018:
- 8:00am – The Dry Tri
- 9:30am – Morning Power Flow Yoga
- 11:00am – All Levels Flow Yoga
- 5:00pm – Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Climbing Competition – Heat 1 begins
- 7:00pm – Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Climbing Competition – Heat 1 ends
- 7:00pm – Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Climbing Competition – Heat 2 begins
- 7:00pm – River Jam
- 9:00pm – Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Climbing Competition – Heat 2 ends
Sunday, September 2, 2018:
Join us at Terrace Access for a premiere view of the music and festivities. Terrace Access offers food, private cash bar, indoor and outdoor seating, restrooms, and exclusive viewing area.
Join us at the South Ridge (see festival map below for location) for yoga during the Labor Day Celebration. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. Regular Yoga Series practices will take place as scheduled, as well as SUP Yoga at 9:30am and Acro Yoga at 1:30pm and Sunday, September 2. More information and details on the USNWC’s Yoga Series can be found here.
SUP Yoga offers guests the chance to take their yoga practice to the water atop stand-up paddle boards. Practice will be led by a local certified instructor on the flatwater of the Catawba River. There is no charge for SUP Yoga if participants bring their own equipment (SUP board, PFD, and paddle). If equipment is needed, it will be provided by the USNWC with the purchase of a Single Activity Pass, a Day Pass, or a Season Pass on a first come, first serve basis (SUP Yoga is limited to 15 participants). Please check in at the Kayak Center to reserve your spot 30 minutes prior to the start of the practice. More information and details on the USNWC’s Yoga Series can be found here.
Additional Event Info:
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.