There is no shortage of ways to get outside and explore with this year’s Labor Day Celebration at the USNWC; activities, music, and races await all weekend long. Saturday morning kicks off the festivities with All Levels Flow Yoga, Dry Tri, the Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Climbing Competition, and of course, River Jam in the evening. Sunday begins with the Labor Day 5K and 15K Trail Race followed by another day of outdoor adventure, yoga, and live music, ending with a firework display after sunset to cap off the Labor Day Celebration. As with all of Whitewater’s Festivals, the Labor Day Celebration is free to attend, open to the public, and does not require tickets.
Sunday, September 1, 2019:
- 9:00am – Labor Day 5K/15K Trail Race
- 9:00am – Pass Activities Open
- 9:30am – SUP Yoga
- 11:00am – SUP Yoga
- 11:30am – Open Level Flow Yoga
- 2:30pm – Slow Flow Yoga
- 6:00pm – Live Music – Ruby Velle & The Soulphonics
- 8:00pm – Pass Activities Close
- 8:00pm – Live Music – Durand Jones and the Indications
- 9:30pm – Fireworks
Labor Day Trail Race:
Jumpstart the holiday festivities with the Labor Day Trail Race. Challenge yourself with either the 5K or the 15K race that weaves through wooded trails along the Catawba River.
Join us at the South Ridge (see festival map below for location) for yoga during the Labor Day Celebration. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. Regular Yoga Series practices will take place as scheduled, as well as SUP Yoga at 9:30am Sunday, September 1. More information and details on the USNWC’s Yoga Series can be found here.
SUP Yoga offers guests the chance to take their yoga practice to the water atop stand-up paddle boards. Practice will be led by a local certified instructor on the flatwater of the Catawba River. All guests must register for a SUP Yoga time slot in order to participate in the class (9:30am registration; 11:00am registration). For guests looking participate in SUP Yoga, there will be a $25 SUP Yoga registration fee; for Annual Pass holders and Day Pass holders there is no charge, but guests must register for the class at Guest Services or at the Kayak Center to secure a spot. Guests bringing their own board will be allowed to take the class at no cost, but are not guaranteed a spot on the anchor system.
- Registration is first come, first serve. Check-in begins 30 minutes prior to class start.
- All equipment is provided with registration fee. This includes SUP board, paddle, PFD (Personal Flotation Device), and anchor.
- Suggested personal items include: hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, towel, and comfortable walking shoes.
Additional Event Info:
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.
- The USNWC does not have lodging or camping available on site. For local lodging, please visit our Accommodations page.