USNWC‘s Fourth of July Celebration is a two-day festival featuring outdoor adventure, yoga, live music, and spectacular firework displays. Musical performances on the River Jam Stage will take place in the afternoon and evening of each day, followed by a stunning firework display over the world’s largest man-made whitewater river. Bring out your blanket or chairs, pick out a great viewing spot, and enjoy the show.
Tuesday, July 3, 2018:
- 9:00am – SUP Yoga
- 9:30am – All Levels Flow Yoga
- 1:30pm – Acro Yoga
- 5:00pm – Terrace Access Opens
- 5:00pm – Battle Royale SUP Sprint
- 6:00pm – Live Music: Dangermuffin
- 6:30pm – Slow Flow Yoga
- 8:00pm – Live Music: Marc Broussard
- 9:30pm – Fireworks
- 10:00pm – Terrace Access Closes
Wednesday, July 4, 2018:
Join us at the Terrace Access Party for a premiere view of the music, festivities, and fireworks. The Terrace Access opens at 5:00pm and goes until 10:00pm on both Tuesday the 3rd and Wednesday the 4th, and offers food (serveed from 6:00pm – 8:00pm), private cash bar, indoor and outdoor seating, restrooms, and exclusive viewing area.
Join us at the South Ridge (see festival map below for location) for yoga during both days of the 4th of July Celebration. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. Regular Yoga Series practices will take place as scheduled, as well as SUP Yoga at 9:00am and Acro Yoga at 1:30pm on Tuesday (July 3), and three additional practices on Wednesday (July 4) – SUP Yoga at 9:00am, All Levels Flow at 11:00am, and Acro Yoga at 1:30pm. More information and details on the USNWC’s Yoga Series can be found here.
SUP Yoga offers guests the chance to take their yoga practice to the water atop stand-up paddle boards. Practice will be led by a local certified instructor on the flatwater of the Catawba River. There is no charge for SUP Yoga if participants bring their own equipment (SUP board, PFD, and paddle). If equipment is needed, it will be provided by the USNWC with the purchase of a Single Activity Pass, a Day Pass, or a Season Pass on a first come, first serve basis (SUP Yoga is limited to 15 participants). Please check in at the Kayak Center to reserve your spot 30 minutes prior to the start of the practice.
Additional Event Info:
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.