Welcome the Autumn season during Whitewater’s Fall Festival with a full day of races, fall-themed yoga sessions, seasonal cider sampling, and the spectator-friendly carnage of Fall Festival’s signature Build Your Own Boat (BYOB) Competition.
Break out the blanket or lawn chair and cheer on your favorite boat as teams bring their homemade vessels to the whitewater river. Using DIY materials and objects, teams must make it through the challenging whitewater rapids and win over the crowd with their costumes. Previous years have seen Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, and Pirates of the Caribbean themed crafts take on the channel.
As with all Whitewater festivals at the USNWC, Fall Festival is free to attend, open to the public, and does not require tickets. The Scrambler Obstacle Trail Race and Build Your Own Boat Competition are a part of the 2019 Whitewater Race Series. Registration to compete in these events can be found on their event pages. Pass Activities and Tours will be available as usual.
Saturday, October 5, 2019:
Get ready to get scrambled. Teams of two will complete a series of obstacles together through the USNWC property during The Scrambler presented by Hydro Flask, choosing between the short distance (3-4 mile) or long distance (6-7 mile) options. Courses will be clearly marked, and competitors must complete each obstacle before moving on to the next one. Looking to knock out this race in style? Bust out your best costumes, because prizes will be awarded to the best dressed team.
Build Your Own Boat:
If you’ve ever had nautical dreams of steering a finely crafted ship through challenging seas, here’s your chance. The Build Your Own Boat Competition puts hand crafted vessels to the test down our man-made whitewater channel featuring class II, III and IV rapids. Judging will be based on the crowd reaction, creativity and seaworthy-ness of each boat, with the winning team’s name joining the ranks of past champions on the coveted BYOB rock and blade trophy.
Join us at the South Ridge for yoga during Fall Festival. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. More information and details on Whitewater’s Yoga Series can be found here.
Cider Sampling is available for all persons aged 21+ with a valid ID. Tickets will be available for pre-purchase online soon, and will also be available for purchase day-of. Check back for information on price, pour amounts, and featured cideries.
Additional Event Info:
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.
- The USNWC does not have lodging or camping available on site. For local lodging, please visit our Accommodations page.