Welcome the Autumn season during Whitewater’s Fall Festival with a full day of races, fall-themed yoga sessions, seasonal cider sampling, and the spectator-friendly carnage of Fall Festival’s signature Build Your Own Boat (BYOB) Competition.
Saturday, October 5, 2019:
- 9:00am – The Scrambler Obstacle Trail Race
- 9:30am – Slow Flow Yoga
- 11:00am – Cider Sampling opens
- 12:00pm – Build Your Own Boat Competition
- 1:00pm – Chakra Flow Yoga
- 4:00pm – All Levels Flow Yoga
- 4:30pm – Cider Sampling closes
Teams of two will complete a series of obstacles together through the USNWC property during The Scrambler presented by Hydro Flask, choosing between the short distance (3-4 mile) or long distance (6-7 mile) options. Competitors must complete each obstacle before moving on to the next one. Looking to knock out this race in style? Bust out your best costumes, because prizes will be awarded to the best dressed team.
Build Your Own Boat:
If you’ve ever had nautical dreams of steering a finely crafted ship through challenging seas, here’s your chance. The Build Your Own Boat Competition puts hand crafted vessels to the test down our man-made whitewater channel featuring class II, III and IV rapids. Judging will be based on the crowd reaction, creativity and seaworthy-ness of each boat, with the winning team’s name joining the ranks of past champions on the coveted BYOB rock and blade trophy.
Join us at the South Ridge for yoga during Fall Festival. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. More information and details on Whitewater’s Yoga Series can be found here.
Nothing says Fall quite like cider. Sample ciders of your choice from featured breweries including Stem Ciders, Wild Blossom Cider, Bold Rock, Windy Hill Orchard, Red Clay Ciderworks, Appalachian Mountain Cidery, GoodRoad Ciderworks, Bull City Ciderworks, and Noble Cider. For $7, receive four 4oz. pours of the ciders of your choice. Cider Sampling is available from 11:00am – 4:30pm for all persons aged 21+ with a valid ID. Pre-register below, or in person during Fall Festival.
Additional Event Info:
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.
- The USNWC does not have lodging or camping available on site. For local lodging, please visit our Accommodations page.