The Build Your Own Boat Competition puts hand crafted vessels to the test down the Whitewater Center’s competition channel. Class II – IV rapids and creatively themed boats make this event a fan favorite. Round off the weekend with the Scrambler Obstacle Trail Race, outdoor yoga sessions, and seasonal cider sampling.
Saturday, October 3, 2020:
- Scrambler Obstacle Trail Race
- Cider Sampling
- Build Your Own Boat Competition
BUILD YOUR OWN BOAT:
See if your boat building and maritime skills can withstand Whitewater’s challenging seas. The Build Your Own Boat Competition puts hand crafted vessels to the test down the Whitewater Center’s competition channel, featuring class II – IV rapids. Judging will be based on crowd reaction, creativity, and the seaworthy-ness of each boat. The winning team’s name will join the ranks of past champions on the coveted BYOB rock and blade trophy.
The Scrambler Obstacle Course Race careens through the Whitewater Center, combining trails and obstacles in a competitive setting. Racers have the choice to register for a 5K option, or take on a more challenging 10K-ish course. Competitors must complete a series of obstacles, and each obstacle must be tackled before moving on to the next one.
Join us at South Ridge for outdoor yoga sessions throughout the day. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. All skill levels are welcome.
View more information and details on Whitewater’s Yoga Series here.
Nothing complements a Fall Saturday quite like cider. Sample ciders of your choice from featured local breweries. Sample four 4oz. cider pours of your choice for $7. Cider Sampling is available from 11:00am – 4:30pm for all guests aged 21+ with a valid ID. Pre-registration will be available soon.
ADDITIONAL EVENT INFO:
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the Whitewater Center.
- The Whitewater Center does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The Whitewater Center is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vaping devices.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the Whitewater Center reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ page for venue guidelines and additional information.
- The Whitewater Center does not have lodging or camping available on site. For local lodging, please visit the Accommodations page.
- If planning to participate in yoga, please bring your own mat. The Whitewater Center also has yoga mats available for rent.