The grapes have been pressed and the wine has been bottled, but there’s one more step before jumping into the afternoon’s wine tasting and a full day of activities at Flow Fest. Lace up your running shoes and join us for the Wild Vine Half Marathon & 5K. The 5k provides a quick and fun race for the casual runner, while the half marathon distance provides a great event for runners in training.
- Date – Saturday, September 22, 2018
- Distance – 5K and Half Marathon
- 9:30 a.m. (Half Marathon start)
- 11:00 a.m. (5K start)
- 1:00pm (course closes)
- Pre-registration – Must register by September 20
- $30 – 5K distance
- $50 – Half Marathon distance
- Race day registration – if available
- $37 – 5K distance
- $60 – Half Marathon distance
- *Note: Recover shirts (VIEW HERE) or hoodies (VIEW HERE) are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by Sept 16
- *Note: Half Marathon finisher medals are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by August 20
Friday, September 21
- 5:00-7:00 p.m. – Packet pick-up at U.S. National Whitewater Center
- *Note: We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- *Note: “Race Day Registration” will be available during packet pick up
- *Note: Early packet pick-up is optional. Typical parking fees apply
Saturday, September 22
- 8:00 a.m. – Wild Vine (5K & Half Marathon) race-day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 9:00 a.m. – Half Marathon race-day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 9:30 a.m. – Wild Vine Half Marathon Starts
- 10:30 a.m. – 5K race-day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 11:00 a.m. – Wild Vine 5K Starts
- TBD Time – 5K and Half Marathon awards ceremony
- 1:00 p.m. – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
- 1:00 p.m. – Flow Fest Wine Sampling begins
All Half Marathon finishers will receive a unique finisher’s medal (only guaranteed to those that register by August 20)
Awards will be given to top three Male/Female finishers in the following categories for both the 5K and the Half Marathon distances:
- 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55 and better
Half Marathon Series points will also be given to the top 25 OVERALL Male/Female finishers of the Wild Vine Half Marathon.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at email@example.com
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer must be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 50% registration transfer must be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at Outfitters for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Please note, there will be no restrooms located on course
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.