The Santa 5K Trail Race is the place for every wannabe St. Nick to come out for a little pre-holiday fun. This mid-December 5k offers a brisk trot through the USNWC trail system. Be sure to bring your red coat and white beard – there will be a prize given to the best Santa Claus look-a-like. Do you have a four-legged friend who also wants to get in on the fun? After the trail race, grab your canine companion and hit the trails decked out in your (and your pup’s) jolly ole St. Nick attire for the We Believe Santa 5K Dog Jog.
- Date: Saturday, December 15, 2018
- Distance: 5K
- We Believe Santa 5K Trail Race – 12:00pm
- We Believe Santa 5K Dog Jog – 1:30pm
- We Believe Santa 5K Trail Race
- We Believe Santa 5K Dog Jog
Friday, December 14
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Optional Packet Pick-up
- Location – Packet pick-up at Recover Brands – 1518 Bryant St, Charlotte, NC 28208
- Note: We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- Note: “Race Day Registration” will be available during packet pick-up
Saturday, December 15
- 10:00 a.m. – We Believe Santa 5K race day registration and packet pick-up begins – Pump House Biergarten
- 11:30 a.m. – We Believe Santa 5K race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 12:00 p.m. – We Believe Santa 5K begins
- 12:45 p.m. – Awards ceremony
- 1:00 p.m. – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
- 1:00 p.m. – We Believe Santa 5K Dog Jog race day registration and packet pick-up begins – Pump House biergarten
- 1:30 p.m. – We Believe Santa 5K Dog Jog race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 1:30 p.m. – We Believe Santa 5K Dog Jog begins
- 2:15 p.m. – Awards ceremony
- 2:30 p.m. – Course Closes (dogs may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
Awards for the Santa 5K Trail Run will be given to top three Male/Female finishers in the following categories:
- 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55 and better
Awards for the Dog Jog will be given to the top three Male/Female finishers.
Awards will also be given to the best dressed Santa, Mrs. Claus, Santa Dog, and other surprise categories.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer may be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer may be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at OUTFITTERS for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- Participants not present for awards may collect their award from OUTFITTERS within two months of the race date. Items not collected within this time frame will be donated.
- Items cannot be shipped
- Participants must email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange award pick-up
- Typical parking fees apply
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.