The inaugural Vicious Cycle 12 Hour MTB Relay Race presented by Specialized offers a challenging battle aimed to push both hardcore riders to the brink and welcome novice teams who want to dip their tires in the MTB competition mud. This multi-lap relay race tasks teams and individuals to earn the most points in 12 continuous hours. Points are earned by riding specified courses weighted on difficulty, elevation gain, and distance, meaning the harder the course, the higher the point average. Throughout the event, participants are provided with bonfires, lunch, spontaneous challenges, mini-competitions, and awards at the Race HQ while they rack up plenty of singletrack mileage throughout the day.
- Date – Saturday, November 2, 2019
- Distance – Various lap options ranging in mileage and difficulty
- Time – 7:00am – 7:00pm
- Pre-Registration (must register by October 31, 2019)
- $75 per person
- Solo or Teams of 2, 3 or 4
- Day-of Registration – Not Available
- Recover Brands hoodies are only guaranteed to those that register by October 25
- Note: All participants are required to have a bicycle, helmet, and bike light to compete
Friday, November 1
- 5:00pm – 7:00pm Optional Packet Pick-Up
- Location – Packet pick-up at Recover Brands – 1518 Bryant St, Charlotte, NC 28208
- Note: We encourage riders to participate in early packet pick-up to alleviate race day lines
Saturday, November 2
- 5:30am – Packet pick-up begins at Ridge Pavilion
- 6:45am – Packet pick-up ends
- 6:50am – Mandatory pre-race meeting for all participants
- 6:52am – Projected sunrise
- 7:00am – Vicious Cycle 12 Hour MTB Relay Race begins
- 11:00am – Lunch begins (included in registration fee; menu coming soon)
- 2:00pm – Lunch ends
- 5:21pm – Projected sunset
- 7:00pm – Vicious Cycle 12 Hour MTB Relay Race ends
- 7:30pm – Awards
Race Document coming soon.
Awards will be given to top 3 teams in the following categories
- Male solo
- Female solo
- Teams of 2
- Teams of 3 – 4
There will be various bonus competitions held throughout the event during which participants at the Race HQ will have the chance to compete for prizes.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer may be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer may be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at OUTFITTERS for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- Participants not present for awards may collect their award from OUTFITTERS within two months of the race date. Items not collected within this time frame will be donated.
- Items cannot be shipped
- Participants must email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange award pick-up
- Typical parking fees apply
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.