The New South Trail Marathon & Half Marathon are back for year number four providing the one and only trail marathon on the Whitewater Race Series calendar. This lap-style race (two for full marathon, one for half) will take runners through the woodland trail system along the Catawba River as they traverse across terrain of all difficulties.
The New South Half Marathon is the first race of the Half Marathon Series.
- Date – Saturday, March 23, 2019
- Time –
- 8:00am (Marathon)
- 9:00am (Half Marathon)
- Course closes at 3:00pm
- Distance – Full Marathon & Half Marathon
- Early-Registration – Must register by February 24
- $55 – Half Marathon
- $70 – Marathon
- Late-Registration – Must register by March 21
- $60 – Half Marathon
- $75 – Marathon
- Race-Day Registration – If available
- $65 – Half Marathon
- $80 – Marathon
- Recover Brands Hoodies (Marathon) and Long Sleeve Shirts (Half Marathon) are only guaranteed to those who register by March 17
- Race medals for either distance are only guaranteed to those who register by February 24
Friday, March 22
- 5:00-7:00pm – Packet Pick Up – Location TBD
- We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- “Race Day Registration” will be available during packet pick up
Saturday, March 23
- 6:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- Location – TBD
- 7:30am – Marathon race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 8:00am – New South Trail Marathon Start
- 8:30am – Half Marathon race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 9:00am – New South Trail Half Marathon Start
- 11:30am – 1 Lap cut-off time for Full Marathon distance
- TBD – Half Marathon Awards
- TBD – Marathon Awards
- 3:00pm – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
All Marathon and Half Marathon finishers will receive a unique finisher’s medal.
The top 3 overall male/female full marathon participants will receive a custom award.
Awards will be given to the top three male/female finishers in the following age groups for both the Marathon and Half Marathon distances:
14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-better.
Half Marathon Series points will also be given to the top 25 OVERALL Male/Female finishers of the New South Half Marathon.
- Full Marathon Results
- Half Marathon Results
- Full Marathon Results
- Half Marathon Results
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at email@example.com
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer may be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 50% registration transfer may be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at OUTFITTERS for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- Participants not present for awards may collect their award from OUTFITTERS within two months of the race date. Items not collected within this time frame will be donated.
- Items cannot be shipped
- Participants must email email@example.com to arrange award pick-up
- Typical parking fees apply
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.