Paddle, bike, run. The third annual Dry Tri subs out swim caps and goggles for kayaks/stand-up paddleboards and paddles. Competitors will begin the race with a 1.25 mile sit-on-top flatwater kayak (Relay Teams will use Stand-up Paddleboards. Kayaks and Paddleboards are provided by the USNWC) around Sadler Island on the Catawba River, followed by an 8 mi mtn bike ride(bike provided by participant) and a 5 mi run through the USNWC’s trail system. Take on the challenge as an individual in a kayak or grab your friends and compete in a relay team of two or three on a SUP. Stick around and enjoy the live music, food, drink and fireworks at the USNWC’s Labor Day Festival.
- Date – Saturday September 1, 2018
- Distance – 1.25m Flatwater Paddle, 8 mi Mtn Bike, 5 mi Trail Run
- *Note: There is a 1/3 dirt/gravel run between the Paddle leg and Transition
- *Note: An older pair of running shoes are recommended but not required for this brief running section
- Time – 8:00 a.m.
- Pre-Registration – Must register by August 30
- $30 – Individual (Flatwater Kayaks)
- $50 – Relay team of two (Stand-up Paddleboards)
- $60 – Relay team of three (Stand-up Paddleboards)
- Race Day Registration – if available
- $40 – Individual (Flatwater Kayaks)
- $60 – Relay team of two (Stand-up Paddleboards)
- $70 – Relay team of three (Stand-up Paddleboards)
- *Note: Registration will be capped at 80 individuals and 80 relay teams
- *Note: Individuals will be racing on flatwater kayaks, and Teams will be racing on Stand-up Paddleboards (water craft, paddles and PFDs are provided by the USNWC)
Friday, August 31
- 5:00-7:00pm – Packet pick-up at U.S. National Whitewater Center
- *Note: We encourage pre-registered individuals/teams to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- *Note: “Race Day Registration” will be available during packet pick-up
- *Note: Early packet pick-up is optional. Typical Parking fees apply
Saturday, September 1st
- 6:30am – Transition Zone opens (no assigned transition positions)
- 6:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 7:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 8:00am – The Dry Tri begins
- Time TBD – Awards Ceremony
- 12:00pm – Course Closes (participants may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
Awards will be given to the top 3 individual male/female finishers as well as the top 3 Male relay teams, top 3 Female Relay teams and top 3 Mixed Relay Teams
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer must be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer must be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at Outfitters for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- USNWC Adventure Cards cannot be accepted as payment for Whitewater Race Series event registration.
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Please note, there will be no restrooms located on course
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.