There’s no better way to kick off the day-long holiday festivities than a run through the woods. The Memorial Day Trail Race features both 5-mile and 8-mile distances through the USNWC trail system. After the race, stick around for a day full of live music, yoga, outdoor adventure, and fireworks at the Memorial Day Celebration.
- Date – Sunday, May 26, 2019
- Distance – 5 mile and 8 mile
- Start Time – 9:00am (both distances)
- Pre-Registration – Must register by May 23
- $32 – 5 mile
- $37 – 8 mile
- Race-Day Registration – if available
- $37 – 5 mile
- $42 – 8 mile
- Recover Brands shirts are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by May 19
Friday, May 24
- 5:00-7:00pm – Packet pick-up – OUTFITTERS
- We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines. Typical parking fees apply.
Sunday, May 26
- 7:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins – Pump House Biergarten
- 8:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 9:00am – Memorial Day Trail Race begins
- Time TBD – 5 mile awards ceremony
- Time TBD – 8 mile awards ceremony
- 11:30am – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
Awards will be given to the top three male/female finishers in the following age groups for both distances:
14-under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-better.
2017 – 2013 Results
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at email@example.com
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer must be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 50% registration transfer must be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at OUTFITTERS for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- Participants not present for awards may collect their award from OUTFITTERS within two months of the race date. Items not collected within this time frame will be donated.
- Items cannot be shipped
- Participants must email email@example.com to arrange award pick-up
- Typical parking fees apply
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.