The Catawba SwimRun Race is back for the third year. This unique race alternates between swimming and running legs in a format that is growing in popularity throughout the racing community. The race features two distances and two divisions; one for solo competitors, and one for teams of two who must remain with their teammate for the entirety of the race. Get ready to take on the Catawba River and the topography that surrounds it at the Catawba SwimRun.
- Date: April 13, 2019
- 8 miles (1 lap)
- 4 miles (3 laps)
- 8:00 a.m. (3 lap start)
- 8:30 a.m. (1 lap start)
- Pre-Registration – Must register by May 11
- 1 Lap Solo – $50
- 1 Lap Team of Two – $95
- 3 Lap Solo- $70
- 3 Lap Team of Two – $130
- Race-Day Registration – if available
- 1 Lap Solo – $60
- 1 Lap Team of Two – $105
- 3 Lap Solo- $80
- 3 Lap Team of Two – $140
- Note: Recover Brands shirts are only guaranteed to those that register by April 7
- 6:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins at the Pump House Biergarten
- 7:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 8:00am – The Catawba SwimRun 3 lap distance begins (Both divisions starting at same time)
- 8:30am – The Catawba SwimRun 1 lap distance begins (Both divisions starting at same time)
- Time TBD – 1 Lap Awards Ceremony
- Time TBD – 3 Lap Awards Ceremony
- 11:30am – Course Closes (participants may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
Awards will be given to the top 3 solo Male/Female participants in the 1 lap and 3 lap distances
Awards will be given to the top 3 teams in each distance 1 lap and 3 lap distances
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer must be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer must be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at Outfitters for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.