Run. Paddle. Run again. It’s that simple at the Amphibious Duathlon, a one-of-a-kind race taking place that combines running and flatwater kayaking at the USNWC. The race will feature two 5Kish trail runs surrounding a 2K flatwater paddle on the Catawba River around Sadler Island. Sit on top flatwater kayaks will be provided for registrants (Please note, participants will not be allowed to bring their personal human-powered watercraft).
- Date – Saturday, July 28, 2018
- Distance – 5K run, 2K paddle (flatwater), 5K run
- Start Times:
- Competitive Wave – 8:00 a.m.
- Recreational Wave – 8:45 a.m.
- Course close – 11:15 a.m.
- Pre-Registration – Must register by July 26
- Race-Day Registration – if available
- Note: Registration will be capped at 125 participants
- Note: Recover Brand race shirts are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by July 22
Saturday, July 28
- 7:00am – Packet pick-up begins
- 7:45am – Packet pick-up ends
- 8:00am – Amphibious Duathlon Competitive Wave begins
- 8:45am – Amphibious Duathlon Recreational Wave begins
- TBD – Awards ceremony
- 11:15am – Course closes (participants may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
Awards will be given to the top three male/female finishers in 4 various age categories that will be determined by participant registration.
Interested in volunteering? Please Contact the Race Director at email@example.com
- Weekend Overall Results
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer must be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer must be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at Outfitters for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- USNWC Adventure Cards cannot be accepted as payment for Whitewater Race Series event registration.
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Please note, there will be no restrooms located on course
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.