Break out your headlamp (or flashlight) and running shoes for the 4th annual A Shot in the Dark Night Trail Race. Once the sun has set and the trails are dark, participants take on the 5k or 10k distance through the trail system along the Catawba River. Be sure to join us for an evening of brisk night running at the USNWC.
- Date – Friday, November 2, 2018
- Distance – 5K and 10K
- Time – 7:15 p.m.
- Pre-registration through September 31
- $30 – 5K distance
- $35 – 10K distance
- Race day registration
- $37 – 5K distance
- $42 – 10K distance
- *Note: All participants are required to wear a headlamp or carry an illumination light source
- *Note: Recover race shirts (VIEW HERE) or hoodies (VIEW HERE) are only guaranteed to those who pre-register before September 28
Thursday, November 1
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00pm – Optional Packet pick-up
- Location – Packet pick-up at NoDa Brewing Co. – 2921 N. Tryon St. Charlotte, NC 28206
- *Note: We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- *Note: “Race Day Registration” will be available during packet pick-up
Friday, November 2
- 5:30 p.m. – Race-day registration and packet pick-up begins – Pump House Biergarten
- 6:20 p.m. – Projected sunset
- 6:45 p.m. – Race-day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 7:15 p.m. – 5K & 10K starts
- TBD – 5K awards ceremony
- TBD – 10K awards ceremony
- 8:45 p.m. – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
- 10:00 p.m. – Pump House Biergarten food and beverage ends
Be sure to stick around for bon-fires, random prizes and awards.
Awards will be given to top three Male/Female finishers in the following categories for both the 5K and the 10K distances:
- 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55 and better
Interested in volunteering? Please Contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All participants are required to wear a head lamp or carry an illumination light source
- Recover race shirts/hoodies are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by September 28
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer must be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer must be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at Outfitters for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- There will not be a gear/bag drop at the start/finish for this race
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt/shorts to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for aid station locations
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Locker rooms and shower facilities are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- USNWC parking fee is $6 daily (oversized vehicles $18) or $50 for an annual parking pass. The 2018 Annual Parking Pass is valid through December 31st, 2018. Parking passes are available for purchase on-site or online.
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times, trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- No pets allowed on the course
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered