Grab your sneakers and hit the trails to compete against yourself and others in the River Jam Run: Virtual Edition. Starting at midnight on the second Thursday each month, runners will have the remainder of the month to compete for the top spot in either the 5K or 10K division. Registrants must submit one GPX file of their run to firstname.lastname@example.org before Noon on the first of the month after each virtual race. Registration and results will count towards the River Jam Run: Race Edition series.
- Thursday, May 14th, 2020 – Sunday, May 31st, 2020
- Thursday, June 11th, 2020 – Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
- Thursday, July 9th, 2020 – Friday, July 31st, 2020
- Thursday, August 13th, 2020 – Monday, August 31st, 2020
- Thursday, September 10th, 2020 – Wednesday, September 30th, 2020
- Time: Anytime
- Please check the Trail Status prior to your run
- Registration: $15
- Registration available through the last day of the corresponding event month.
- May 14, 2020 – May 31, 2020
- June 11, 2020 – June 30, 2020
- July 9, 2020 – July 31, 2020
- August 13 – August 31, 2020
- September 10 – September 30, 2020
- Registration available through the end of each month
- Second Thursday of Month
- 12:00am – Race course opens
- Last Day of Month
- 11:59pm – Race course closes
- GPS Submission – First of Following Month (June/July/August/September/October 1st)
- 12:00pm – GPS files must be submitted to email@example.com
- 6:00pm – Race results announced
- *July course submission/results due on Monday, August 3rd
Awards will be given every virtual race to the top three male/female finishers. Winners will be notified via email.
A custom River Jam Run: Race Edition prize will also be given out to anyone who completes all 5 River Jam Run: Race Edition Events. Prizes will be given to participants who completed all 5 River Jam Run: Race Edition Events within one month of crossing the finish line at the September edition.
Awards will also be given to the winners of the series overall. To be considered for the series title, participants must race a minimum of three races of the same distance. Series awards will be given out to the top 3 overall male/female finishers for each distance
- Runners must run in at least 3 of the 5 races to be eligible for series awards.
- Runners must run the same distance each race to be eligible for the series awards.
- Points will be assigned to the top 15 Male/Female placing runners for each River Jam Run: Race Edition event.
- 1st place = 15 points, 2nd place = 14 points, 3rd place = 13 points … 15th place = 1 point
- Only the top 3 scoring races for each runner will be used when calculating the series awards.
- If necessary, the fastest average time of the point scoring races will be used as a tie breaker.
- Series award winners do not have to be present to accept series award.
- Whitewater staff will contact winners upon completion of the fifth and final event of the series.
- Series awards must be picked up at the Whitewater Center no later than Thanksgiving.
- Please check Trail Status prior to your run. Do not access the course when trails are closed.
- Only one GPX file will be scored per registrant.
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50.
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are discouraged for the safety of all participants.
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times, trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers.
- No pets allowed on the course.
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.