Thursday night means it’s time to hit the trails. Take your weekday run off-road in this weekday trail race on the second Thursday of every month from May until September. Each race in the series will feature a 5K(ish) and 10K(ish) distance.
Awards will be given to the winners of each race as well as the winners of the series overall. To be considered for the series title, participants must race a minimum of three races of the same distance. Following the race, hang out and enjoy live music at the River Jam concert series.
Recover Brand hoodies (VIEW HERE) will also be given out to anyone who completes all 5 River Jam Run: Race Edition Events. Upon completion of all 5 Races, participants must email Racedirector@usnwc.org to confirm participation and hoodie size.
- Date – Second Thursday of each month (May – September, 2018)
- Distance – 5K-ish and 10K-ish
- Time – 6:30 p.m.
- Race-Day Registration
- Thursday, July 12, 2018 – 6:30pm
- Sunset – 8:39pm
- Pre-registration available through July 11
- Thursday, August 9, 2018 – 6:30pm
- Sunset – 8:17pm
- Pre-registration available through August 8
- Thursday, September 13, 2018 – 6:30pm
- Sunset – 7:31pm
- Pre-registration available through September 12
Race Day Schedule:
- 5:30pm – Race day registration and packet pickup begins
- 6:00pm – Race day registration and packet pickup ends
- 6:30pm – River Jam Run: Race Edition begins (both distances)
- 7:00pm – 5K-ish awards
- Time TBD – 10K-ish awards
- 8:00pm – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
Awards will be given to the top three male/female finishers in the following age groups for BOTH distances:
19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50 and better.
Series awards will be given out to the top 3 overall male/female finishers for each distance.
- Runners must run in at least 3 of the 5 races to be eligible for series awards
- Runners must run the same distance each race to be eligible for the series awards
- Points will be assigned to the top 15 Male/Female placing runners for each River Jam Run: Race Edition event
- 1st place = 15 points, 2nd place = 14 points, 3rd place = 13 points … 15th place = 1 point
- Only the top 3 scoring races for each runner will be used when calculating the series awards
- If necessary, the fastest average time of the point scoring races will be used as a tie breaker
- Series award winners do not have to be present to accept series award
- USNWC staff will contact winners upon completion of the fifth and final event of the series
- Series awards must be picked up at the USNWC no later than Thanksgiving
Interested in volunteering? Please Contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Series Results
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at email@example.com
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer may be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 50% registration transfer may be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at Outfitters for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Please note, there will be no restrooms located on course
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.