The 2020 Half Marathon Series is cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This event will not be rescheduled in 2020. Check back soon for dates, information and registration for 2021. Please contact the Race Director with any questions – email@example.com.
Five options, 13.1 miles of trails each. Think you have what it takes? If so, it’s time to compete in the Whitewater Race Series 2020 edition of the Half Marathon Series. Beginning with The New South Trail Half Marathon in March, runners will jockey for various awards and prizes over the course of all five races. The series concludes with the Wild Vine Half Marathon in early November. If you’re ready to test your long-distance trail running in 2020, look no further.
- The New South Trail Marathon & Half Marathon
- Saturday, March 28, 2020
- Tuck Fest Half Marathon
- Sunday, April 26, 2020
- *Note: Half Marathon Series participants must choose the timing chip option during Tuck Fest registration to be eligible for Half Marathon Series awards
- Tread Nightly Trail Half Marathon & 4 Miler
- Friday, September 25, 2020
- Tread Brightly Trail Half Marathon & 4 Miler
- Saturday, September 26, 2020
- Wild Vine Half Marathon & 5K Trail Race
- Saturday, November 7, 2020
- See each individual race webpage for specific registration information
The Half Marathon Series will offer awards determined by the following:
- Runners must run in at least 3 of the 5 races to be eligible for series awards
- Runners must run at least the Half Marathon distance in each event to be eligible for the series awards
- Points will be assigned to the top 25 Male/Female runners for each Half Marathon Series event, based on event place.
- 1st place = 25 points, 2nd place = 24 points, 3rd place = 23 points … 25th place = 1 point
- Only the top 3 scoring races for each runner will be used when calculating series awards
- If necessary, the fastest average time of the point scoring races will be used as a tie breaker
- Half Marathon Series award winners do not have to be present to accept series award
- Series Standings will be updated after Tread Nightly/Brightly.
- Any scoring discrepancies noted on this update must be addressed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to November 5, 2020 to ensure accuracy of results.
- Series awards will be announced at the Wild Vine Awards Ceremony
- Series awards must be picked up at the Whitewater Center no later than Thanksgiving
In addition to the individual race awards and the Half Marathon Series awards, participants will also automatically be entered into a drawing for each Half Marathon race in which they participate. (ie: 2 races throughout the year equals 2 entries and 5 races equals 5 entries). 5 winners will be drawn at the completion of the Half Marathon Series for a Whitewater Race Series prize pack.
Runners that participate in all 5 Half Marathons within the 2020 calendar year will automatically receive a custom Half Marathon Series award. Runners may also complete The New South Trail Full Marathon as well as the 4 remaining Half Marathons to receive the custom award.
Half Marathon Series custom awards must be picked up at the Whitewater Center no later than Thanksgiving 2020