Get ready to get scrambled. Teams of two will complete a series of obstacles together through the USNWC property at The Scrambler, choosing between the short distance (3-4 mile) or long distance (6-7 mile) options. Teams will be released in waves to keep the course flowing throughout the race. Courses will be clearly marked, and competitors must complete each obstacle before moving on to the next one. Looking to knock out this race in style? Then bust out your best adventure race outfits, because prizes will be awarded to the best dressed team. After the race, stick around to enjoy the live music and libations of Fall Festival.
- Date – Saturday, October 6, 2018
- Short Distance (3-4 mile)
- Long Distance (6-7 mile)
- Time: 9:00am
- Pre-registration – Must register by October 4
- Short Distance – $60/team
- Long Distance – $70/team
- Race day registration – if available
- Short Distance – $70/team
- Long Distance – $80/team
- Note: Recover Brands race shirts (VIEW HERE) are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by September 30.
Friday, October 5
- 5:00pm – 7:00pm – Packet pick-up at U.S. National Whitewater Center Outfitters
- Note: We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines. Early packet pick-up is optional. Typical parking fees apply
Saturday, October 6
- 7:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins – Pump House Biergarten
- 8:30am –Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 9:00am – The Scrambler Obstacle Trail Race begins
- TBD – Awards ceremony
- 11:30am – Course closes (runners not back by this time will be disqualified)
Awards will be given to top three men’s, women’s, and co-ed teams for each distance.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer must be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer must be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at Outfitters for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.