Paddle, bike, run. The third annual Dry Tri subs out swim caps and goggles for stand-up paddleboards/kayaks and paddles (watercraft and paddle provided by USNWC). Competitors will begin the race with a 1.25 mile paddle around Sadler Island on the Catawba River, followed by an 8 mile mtn bike (bike provided by participant) and 5 mile run through the USNWC’s trail system. Take on the challenge as an individual on a SUP or grab your friends and compete in a relay team of two or three in a kayak. (Please note, participants will not be allowed to bring their personal watercrafts)
- Date – Saturday May 26, 2018
- Distance – 1.25 Mile Paddle, 8 Mile Mtn Bike, 5 Mile Trail Run
- Note: There is a 1/3 mile dirt/gravel run between the Paddle leg and Transition
- Note: An older pair of running shoes are recommended but not required for this brief running section
- Time – 8:00 a.m.
- Pre-Registration – Must register by May 24
- $30 – Individual (SUP)
- $50 – Team of Two (Kayak)
- $60 – Team of Three (Kayak)
- Race-Day Registration – if available
- $40 – Individual (SUP)
- $60 – Team of Two (Kayak)
- $70 – Team of Three (Kayak)
- Note: Registration will be capped at 80 participants and 80 teams
Friday, May 25
- 5:00-7:00pm – Packet pick-up – U.S. National Whitewater Center
- Note: We encourage pre-registered individuals/teams to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- Note: Early packet pick-up is optional. Typical parking fees apply
Saturday, May 26
- 6:30am – Transition Zone opens (no assigned transition positions)
- 6:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 7:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 8:00am – The Dry Tri begins
- Time TBD – Awards Ceremony
- 12:00pm – Course Closes (participants may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
Awards will be given to the top three teams and top three male/female solo finishers.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer must be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer must be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at Outfitters for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.