Kick off the holiday festivities with the Labor Day Trail Race. Choose between the 5k or 15k distances through our trail system along the Catawba River, then stick around and enjoy the live music, food, drink and fireworks at the USNWC’s Labor Day Festival.
- Date – Sunday, September 2, 2018
- Distance – 5K and 15K
- 9:00am (15K start)
- 9:20am (5K start)
- Course closes at 11:30am
- Pre-Registration – Must register by August 30
- $30 – 5k distance
- $40– 15k distance
- Race-Day Registration – if available
- $37 – 5k distance
- $47 – 15k distance
- Note: Recover Brands race shirts are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by August 26
Friday, August 31
- 5:00-7:00pm – Packet pick-up at U.S. National Whitewater Center
- Note: We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- Note: “Race Day Registration” will be available during packet pick up
- Note: Early packet pick-up is optional. Typical parking fees apply
Sunday, September 2
- 7:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 8:30am – 15K Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 8:50am – 5K Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 9:00am – Labor Day 15K trail race begins
- 9:20am – Labor Day 5K trail race begins
- Time TBD – 5K and 15K award ceremony
- 11:30am – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
Awards will be given to the top three male/female finishers in the following age groups:
14-under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-better.
2017 – 2013 Results:
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer must be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer must be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at Outfitters for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Please note, there will be no restrooms located on course
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.