Whitewater Kayak Camp I is a full day camp that will introduce your child to whitewater kayaking in a comfortable and encouraging environment. Working with our experienced instructors throughout the week, campers will learn how to competently paddle class II whitewater while also learning how to work together as a group on the river. After spending the week learning to paddle at the Whitewater Center, campers will have the opportunity to apply their new skills on the Lower Green River during our optional off-site trip day.
- Price: $400 per week
- Ages: 10 – 18 years
- Dates: June – August
- Select Register below for specific weeks
- Optional Early Drop Off, Available Select Weeks (Additional $50 fee): 7:30am – 8:30am
- Regular Drop Off: 8:30am – 9:00am
- Camp Activities: 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Camp Pickup: 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Fridays Parents’ Pass
- Parents can purchase a Sunset Pass on Fridays to participate in activities with their child. There is no additional cost to the child if they are participating in camp that week. The pass is good for activities after 4pm until close. You must receive the coupon from camp staff at the check-in table at 4pm on Friday.
- Campers may bring their own lunch and snacks, or purchase lunch through our Summer Camp Lunch Menu. Lunches can be purchased via the link provided in the camp confirmation email sent to you after registration.
Option 1: Full Payments can be made by registering online, over the phone (704.391.3900), or in person.
Option 2: Deposits can be made over the phone (704.391.3900) or in person. Deposits are accepted until April 30 and are nonrefundable. Only full payments will be accepted after April 30. Balances are due in full by May 21.
Online Camp Forms
After registering for camp, you will receive an email from the USNWC with a link to the Online Camp Forms. The Online Camp Forms include the following:
- Camper Information Form – This form includes health information, emergency contacts, friend requests, pick-up approvals, etc.
- Summer Camp Lunch Registration – Please note that Lunch Registration closes the Wednesday before the week of camp at noon.
- Parent Packet – This PDF includes information you will need to know about summer camp regarding what to bring, a schedule, etc.
Please complete and submit the online forms a minimum of two weeks before camp begins.