Survival Camp will teach, develop and test your child’s ability to survive in the wild. We instill techniques such as shelter-building, wilderness first aid, fire building, lost proofing and map and compass skills. With a survival focus your child will also participate in games and teambuilding activities. Each session operates like a day camp with one overnight stay at the U.S. National Whitewater Center.
- Price: $375 per week
- Ages: 10 – 12 years
- Dates: June – August
- Select Register below for specific weeks
- COVID-19 Parent Information Letter
- Optional Early Drop Off (Additional $50 fee): 7:30am – 8:30am
- Regular Drop Off: 8:30am – 9:00am
- Camp Activities: 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Camp Pickup: 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Fridays Parents’ Pass
- Parents can purchase a Sunset Pass on Fridays to participate in activities with their child. There is no additional cost to the child if they are participating in camp that week. The pass is good for activities after 4pm until close. You must receive the coupon from camp staff at the check-in table at 4pm on Friday.
- Campers may bring their own lunch and snacks, or purchase lunch through our Summer Camp Lunch Menu. Lunches can be purchased via the link provided in the camp confirmation email sent to you after registration.
Camp Program & Activities
Survival Topics of Instruction
- Being prepared for a wilderness experience
- 7 Priorities of Survival
- Proper Mental Attitude
- Wilderness First Aid
- Overnight Camp Out
- Whitewater Rafting (x1)
- Flatwater Kayaking
- Rock Climbing
- High Ropes – featuring 8 different ropes courses varying in difficulty
- Ziplines – featuring 3 different mutli-platform zip experiences
- Mountain Biking
- Long Point Obstacle Course
Option 1: Full Payments can be made by registering online, over the phone (704.391.3900), or in person.
Option 2: Deposits can be made over the phone (704.391.3900) or in person. Deposits are accepted until May 1 and are nonrefundable. Only full payments will be accepted after May 1. Balances are due in full by May 22.
Online Camp Forms
After registering for camp, you will receive an email from the USNWC with a link to the Online Camp Forms. The Online Camp Forms include the following:
- Camper Information Form – This form includes health information, emergency contacts, friend requests, pick-up approvals, etc.
- Summer Camp Lunch Registration – Please note that Lunch Registration closes the Wednesday before the week of camp at noon.
- Parent Packet – This PDF includes information you will need to know about summer camp regarding what to bring, a schedule, etc.
Please complete and submit the online forms a minimum of two weeks before camp begins.