Survival Camp will develop and test your child’s ability to survive in the wild. We instill techniques such as shelter-building, wilderness first aid, fire building, lost proofing and map and compass skills. With a survival focus your child will also participate in games and teambuilding activities. Each session operates like a day camp with one overnight stay at the U.S. National Whitewater Center.
- Price: $370 per week
- Ages: 10 – 12 years
- Camp Schedule:
- Optional Early Drop Off (Additional $50 fee): 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Regular Drop Off: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Camp Activities: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Camp Pickup: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Fridays Parents’ Pass – Parents can purchase a Sunset Pass on Fridays to participate in activities with their child. There is no additional cost to the child if they are participating in camp that week. The pass is good for activities after 4 p.m. until close. You must receive the coupon from camp staff at the check-in table at 4 p.m. on Friday.
- Lunch Options – Campers may bring their own lunch and snacks, or purchase lunch through our Summer Camp Lunch Menu. Lunches can be purchased via the link provided in the camp confirmation email sent to you after registration. The Summer Camp Lunch Menu can be found here.
- Survival Camp Gear List
Camp Program & Activities
Survival Topics of Instruction
- Being prepared for a wilderness experience
- 7 Priorities of Survival
- Proper Mental Attitude
- Wilderness First Aid
- Overnight Camp Out
- Whitewater Rafting (x1)
- Flatwater Kayaking
- Rock Climbing
- High Ropes – featuring 8 different ropes courses varying in difficulty
- Ziplines – featuring 3 different mutli-platform zip experiences
- Mountain Biking
- Long Point Obstacle Course
Step 1: Choose Camp Dates
2019 Summer Camp dates coming soon.
Step 2: Payment
Option 1: Full Payments can be made by clicking one of the dates above, over the phone (704.391.3900), or in person.
Option 2: Deposits can be made over the phone (704.391.3900) or in person. Deposits are accepted until May 1st. Only full payments will be accepted after May 1st.
Step 3: Online Camp Form
After registering for camp, you will receive an email from the USNWC with a link to the Online Camp Forms. The Online Camp Forms including the following:
- Online Camp Form – This form includes health information, emergency contacts, friend requests, pick-up approvals, etc.
- Parent Packet – This PDF includes information you will need to know about summer camp regarding what to bring, a schedule, etc.
Please complete and submit the Online Forms.
Parents are welcome to stay for our Yoga Series each Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday morning at 9:30 am.