This camp combines exploring the natural world with an outdoor adventure experience. Campers will participate in a series of educational and interactive program-based activities investigating native plants and wildlife found around the Whitewater Center. Each day will be a mix of educational programs and Pass Activities. Nature Explorers is a unique camp the helps foster environmental stewards of tomorrow.
- Price: $350 per week
- Ages: 8 – 12 years
- Dates: June – August
- Select Register below for specific weeks
- Annual Pass Requirement
- Nature Explorers Camp participants are required to have an Annual Pass to attend their camp session.
- Optional Early Drop Off, Available Select Weeks (Additional $50 fee): 7:30am – 8:30am
- Regular Drop Off: 8:30am – 9:00am
- Camp Activities: 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Camp Pickup: 4:30pm – 5:30pm
FRIDAYS PARENTS’ PASS
Parents can purchase a Sunset Pass on Fridays to participate in activities with their child. There is no additional cost to the child if they are participating in camp that week. The pass is good for activities after 4pm until close. You must receive the coupon from camp staff at the check-in table at 4pm on Friday.
Campers may bring their own lunch and snacks, or purchase lunch through our Summer Camp Lunch Menu. Lunches can be purchased via the link provided in the camp confirmation email sent to you after registration.
CAMP PROGRAM & ACTIVITIES
- Kayaking Adventure- River Wildlife Identification
- Hike and Seek – Tree Identification
- Hunting for tracks/animal signs
- Ponds and Creeks – Ecosystem Investigation
- Wildlife Reconnaissance and Surveillance
- Whitewater Rafting (x1)
- Flatwater Kayaking
- Rock Climbing
- High Ropes
- Deep Water Solo
- Obstacle Courses
- Team Building Activities
Option 1: Full Payments can be made by registering online, over the phone (704.391.3900), or in person.
Option 2: Deposits can be made over the phone (704.391.3900) or in person. Deposits are accepted until April 30 and are nonrefundable. Only full payments will be accepted after April 30. Balances are due in full by May 21.
Online Camp Forms
After registering for camp, you will receive an email from the USNWC with a link to the Online Camp Forms. The Online Camp Forms include the following:
- Camper Information Form – This form includes health information, emergency contacts, friend requests, pick-up approvals, etc.
- Summer Camp Lunch Registration – Please note that Lunch Registration closes Monday the week prior to your camp start date at noon.
- Parent Packet – This PDF includes information you will need to know about summer camp regarding what to bring, a schedule, etc.
Online Camp Forms and lunch registration (if participating) must be completed seven days prior to their camp start date.