Advanced Whitewater Kayak Camp is a full day camp experience that will fine tune your camper’s skills while challenging them to develop more advanced skills at an accelerated pace. Advanced Whitewater Kayak Campers will also learn rescue techniques that will benefit them throughout the entirety of their paddling careers. The skills, maneuvers, and river knowledge will allow them to enhance their whitewater paddling experience by opening up fun new ways to enjoy subtle features on a variety of rivers.
- Price: $400 per week
- Ages: 10 – 18 years
- Must have a reliable combat roll (8-9 successful rolls in 10 attempts in whitewater).
- Must have completed Rock, Ride, and Paddle Camp I or Kayak Camp within the last year or have equivalent experience.
- Must be able to hike on moderate terrain carrying a kayak weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Camp Schedule:
- Optional Early Drop Off (Additional $50 fee): 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Regular Drop Off: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Camp Activities: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Camp Pickup: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Fridays Parents’ Pass – Parents can purchase a Sunset Pass on Fridays to participate in activities with their child. There is no additional cost to the child if they are participating in camp that week. The pass is good for activities from 4:00pm until close. You must receive the coupon from camp staff at the check-in table at 4:00pm on Friday.
- An offsite whitewater kayak trip to a natural river will be available each week of camp for an additional fee. Registration for the offsite trip will happen at the beginning of the week of each camp. Due to the unpredictable nature of the destination rivers, the departure, return time, and day of the trip will vary week to week. This information along with scheduling and logistics are sent to parents each week.
- Lunch Options – Campers may bring their own lunch and snacks, or purchase lunch through our Summer Camp Lunch Menu. Lunches can be purchased via the link provided in the camp confirmation email sent to you after registration. The Summer Camp Lunch Menu can be found here.
STEP 1: CHOOSE CAMP DATES
2019 Summer Camp dates coming soon.
STEP 2: PAYMENT
Option 1: Full Payments can be made by clicking one of the dates above, over the phone (704.391.3900), or in person.
Option 2: Deposits can be made over the phone (704.391.3900) or in person. Deposits are accepted until May 1st. Only full payments will be accepted after May 1st.
STEP 3: ONLINE CAMP FORM
After registering for camp, you will receive an email from the USNWC with a link to the Online Camp Forms. The Online Camp Forms including the following:
- Online Camp Form – This form includes health information, emergency contacts, friend requests, pick-up approvals, etc.
- Parent Packet – This PDF includes information you will need to know about summer camp regarding what to bring, a schedule, etc.
- Offsite Waiver
Please complete and submit the Online Forms and Offsite Waiver.
Parents are welcome to stay for our Yoga Series each Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday morning at 9:30 am.