Take your yoga instruction to the water with the Whitewater Center’s 3-day SUP YTT course in collaboration with Mind, Body, Paddle. This training, led by Anna Levesque, is for yogis who already hold their 200-hour RYT with Yoga Alliance, or are currently enrolled in the Whitewater 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT), and are seeking to become a certified SUP yoga instructor. The course will allow participants to develop their skills on a paddleboard, elevate their personal practice, and broaden the variety of classes they are able to teach. The first two days of the course will focus on the skills required for a Level 1 SUP Instructor Certification and the third day will focus on the SUP yoga particulars. This course is accredited by the American Canoe Association (ACA).
This course will include a 3-day parking pass and all SUP equipment (PFD, paddle, paddleboard). Participants are responsible for securing their own ACA instructor manual, ACA and SEIC membership dues, food, and lodging.
The course content includes training in the following SUP Instructor skills:
- Forward stroke
- Forward and reverse sweep
- Side draw
- Stopping in a straight line
- Low brace
- Arching turn with forward momentum
- Walking around the board
- Neutral stance
- Hybrid stance
- How to fall off your board and get back on safely
The course content includes training in the following SUP yoga skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of the history of SUP yoga
- Correct usage and significance of the PFD and leash
- How to secure equipment on the board
- Appropriate anchoring techniques
- Movements and poses appropriate for SUP yoga
- Movements and poses not appropriate for SUP yoga
- Paddle rescues while managing a group
- Leadership and risk management skills
Anna Levesque is an author, coach, former member of the Canadian National Freestyle Kayak Team, SUP instructor and 500-hour RYT. Anna has been named one of the Most Inspirational Paddlers Alive by Canoe and Kayak Magazine as well as voted Most Inspirational Outdoors Person in the Blue Ridge by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine. Anna stumbled into SUPing by chance but soon found herself passionate about the sport and combined it with her love for yoga by opening her own SUP and SUP Yoga school: Mind, Body, Paddle. Anna strives to share her passion for both paddling and yoga with her students in the hopes that they too will find freedom in a practice that helps cultivate confidence and strengthen a vibrant body.
- Friday, April 3 – 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday, April 4 – 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday, April 5 – 9:00am – 6:00pm
The cost for this class is $430.00 and must be paid in full before the start date. This class is non-refundable and there are no make-up sessions available.