The U.S. National Whitewater Center, in collaboration with the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI), now offers certification in First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) classes to train individuals in essential lifesaving skills.
Blended Learning Basic First Aid, CPR (Adult, Child, and Infant) and AED:
This course will train you to overcome any reluctance to act in emergency situations and to recognize and care for life-threatening respiratory or cardiac emergencies in adults, children, and infants. This course will provide the responder with the knowledge and skills necessary in an emergency to help sustain life and to minimize pain and the consequences of injury or sudden illness until professional medical help arrives. Students who successfully complete this course will receive certificates for Basic First Aid with CPR (Adult, Child, and Infant) and AED, which is valid for two years.
This course consists of an online class and in-class skills practice/evaluation. Online material must be completed three days prior to attending the in-class skills practice/evaluation at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC). Participants must complete the online portion and score 70% or higher on the final exam. Links are sent out Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The in-class skills practice/evaluation is the selection of dates you register for below.
- Price: $75
- Course duration:
- Online class portion: Self-paced but must be completed three (3) days prior to the in-class skills practice/evaluation.
- In-class Skills Practice/Evaluation: 3 hours (at USNWC)
- Available Courses are In-class Skills Practice/Evaluation only.
- Online Class Portion must be completed three (3) days prior to course date.
- Minimum capacity: 4
- Maximum capacity: 10
- If you would like to set up a private class for a group, the minimum requirement is 8 participants. Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a class.
Morning Classes (8am-11am):