Summer Camp Counselors at the Whitewater Center are responsible for providing camper supervision and coordinating group processes while facilitating camp programming in a safe and enjoyable manner. Summer Camp Counselor positions require full-time availability during summer weekdays corresponding with camp sessions.
The 2020 Summer Camp program year runs from June 1st through August 21st – part-time or full-time availability through August 14th is required.
- Create a safe, positive, energetic, and enjoyable environment for campers
- Lead and participate in activities with campers – including, but not limited to, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, mountain biking, zip lining, ropes courses, flatwater paddling, wilderness survival instruction, and team games
- Assist area guides with gear-up and gear-down processes required for adventure activities -Follow all safety and operational procedures as dictated by Outdoor School Management
- Assist Outdoor School Management in addressing medical and behavioral concerns with parents or guardians
- Communicate and collaborate with Outdoor School Management regarding equipment needs and ideas to improve camp programming
- Demonstrate punctuality and reliable character in completing morning duties and greeting campers
- Participate in team clean-up of all camp areas every afternoon and at overnight camp sites
- Must be 17 years of age or older
- Previous experience working with youth in a camp or school environment
- Highly motivated, energetic, and fun with an outgoing personality
- Exhibits an honest and sincere passion for working with kids
- Ability to work independently with a group of 10 or more campers A current First Aid, CPR, & AED Certification – courses are offered by the Whitewater Center
- Instruction experience in one or more of the following areas is highly recommended: whitewater kayaking, mountain biking, rock climbing, and/or survival techniques
- Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
- Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Outdoor Activities Department
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
Applicants interested in this position apply via the general application link below.
The general application is a 2-step process. Applicants must complete the online general application and then participate in a one-way video interview. The invitation to participate in the video interview will be emailed after you complete the online forms. The interview takes 15-20 minutes to complete and is a series of questions answered with a webcam or the mobile app.
Applicants interested in this specific opportunity should state their employment preferences in the online application.
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Whitewater Center.