SUP Yoga Instructors at the Whitewater Center facilitate engaging SUP Yoga sessions for small groups of guests. SUP yoga sessions take place on anchored paddleboards, located in a sheltered cove on the Catawba River.
- Greet incoming groups at the Kayak Center and ensure all participants have signed in
- Partner with Flatwater staff to provide trip talks for each group. Trip talks provide an overview of the SUP Yoga class, review safety protocol, and are an opportunity for instructors to become familiar with each group’s skill level, and answer any additional questions
- Follow all safety and operational processes for handling small groups of guests during SUP programming on the Catawba River
- Ensure that all equipment is collected from the group, cleaned, and in working condition
- Maintain availability to teach SUP Yoga classes on festival event dates and otherwise as needed
- Basic paddling skills and the ability to paddle with confidence and correct technique in open water
- A current Yoga Teacher Certification (minimum 200 hours)
- A current First Aid, CPR & AED Certification – courses are offered by the USNWC
- A current SUP Yoga Instructor Certification
- Very comfortable in and around moving water
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
- Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Outdoor Activities Department
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
Applicants interested in this position apply via the general application link below.
The general application is a 2-step process. Applicants must complete the online general application and then participate in a one-way video interview. The invitation to participate in the video interview will be emailed after you complete the online forms. The interview takes 15-20 minutes to complete and is a series of questions answered with a webcam or the mobile app.
Applicants interested in this specific opportunity should state their employment preferences in the online application.
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Whitewater Center.