Guest Services Representatives are responsible for educating, scheduling, and processing all adventures at the Whitewater Center. Additionally, Representatives must always be conscious of Whitewater’s policies and procedures and strive to continuously educate themselves with a combination of instruction from leadership, activity experience, and other tools provided to staff.
- Communicate with guests in a polite, clear, and confident manner using a variety of mediums – email, phone, and face-to-face interaction
- Answer questions regarding group outings, activities, and instruction, and provide guests with guidance in order to best match our products and services with their needs
- Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests
- Prepare for the arrival of large groups to ensure a pleasant and efficient check-in
- Check-in reserved guests through the Siriusware software system, print wrist bands, review the purchased experience, provide directions, and answer any questions
- Actively communicate with all departments in order to facilitate the best possible experience for each guest
- Occasionally provide tours of the Whitewater Center’s activities and facilities
- Maintain a clean, professional, and healthy appearance, and adhere to the dress code
- Maintain accurate knowledge of activities, products, and services offered by the Whitewater Center
- Maintain availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Previous experience in guest services, customer service, the hospitality industry, or sales
- Outgoing, friendly, confident candidates with a passion for outdoor adventure and the USNWC mission of promoting healthy, active lifestyles
- An honest and sincere passion for helping others and providing guidance
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and make decisions independently – this position requires an individual who is resourceful and takes a solutions-focused approach to solving problems and pleasing our guests
- Adequate typing skills and the ability to quickly adapt to new software systems
- Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
- Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Guest Services Department
The Guest Services Department is responsible for creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests. The department provides exceptional customer care and clear communication with guests. Guest Services manages event production, private groups, retail operations, and all pass sales at the Whitewater Center.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
Applicants interested in this position apply via the general application link below.
The general application is a 2-step process. Applicants must complete the online general application and then participate in a one-way video interview. The invitation to participate in the video interview will be emailed after you complete the online forms. The interview takes 15-20 minutes to complete and is a series of questions answered with a webcam or the mobile app.
Applicants interested in this specific opportunity should state their employment preferences in the online application.
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Whitewater Center.