Banquet Staff at the Whitewater Center are charged with upholding a high standard of customer service while meeting guest needs during banquets and special events and ensuring memorable and enjoyable experiences. Banquet Staff are utility team members who may function in a variety of roles including, but not limited to, serving, bussing, bartending, set-up, and break-down of events.
- Maintain a proper atmosphere in a banquet or special event setting interacting with guests, upholding a high degree of professionalism, assisting in event time management, and making adjustments as needed
- Provide a proper dining experience for a variety of different kinds of catered events practicing appropriate food handling while serving, replenishing, and bussing food items
- Take initiative to preemptively resolve guest challenges; escalate special needs, issues, or concerns to management when necessary
- Review Event Orders (EO’s) at the beginning of each shift, and ensure room(s) are set as requested – table arrangements, stages, dance floors, A/V equipment, etc.
- Clean up and break down event space carefully and efficiently to ensure seamless transition between events
- Maintain a clean, professional, and healthy appearance
- Maintain accurate knowledge of activities and products offered at facility
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Previous experience in hospitality, food and beverage, or customer service is preferred
- A friendly and engaging demeanor with strong communication skills for interacting with both guests and team members
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and adapt to changing needs
- Maintain availability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
- Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Food and Beverage Department
The Food and Beverage Department delivers exceptional, chef-driven culinary service to Whitewater guests. Whitewater is home to diverse and ever-evolving food and beverage outlets, including full-service and fast casual dining options. In addition, the Food and Beverage Department oversees catering for private events and Adventure Dining.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
Applicants interested in this position apply via the general application link below.
The general application is a 2-step process. Applicants must complete the online general application and then participate in a one-way video interview. The invitation to participate in the video interview will be emailed after you complete the online forms. The interview takes 15-20 minutes to complete and is a series of questions answered with a webcam or the mobile app.
Applicants interested in this specific opportunity should state their employment preferences in the online application.
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Whitewater Center.