Dishwashers at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) are seasonal employees responsible for washing and cleaning tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment in a high volume restaurant environment. Dishwashers must also keep the dish area and equipment clean and organized.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and efficient dish station
- Load, run, and unload the dish machine
- Monitor the dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle
- Report any functional or mechanical problems immediately
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies
- Bag and haul dish room trash to dumpster at designated times
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant
- Maintain availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- No previous restaurant experience required
- Comfortable working in a hot, wet, humid, and loud environment for entire shifts
- Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
- Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Food and Beverage Department
The Food and Beverage Department delivers exceptional, chef-driven culinary service to Whitewater guests. Whitewater is home to diverse and ever-evolving food and beverage outlets, including full-service and fast-casual dining options. In addition, the Food and Beverage Department oversees catering for private events and Adventure Dining.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
Applicants interested in this position apply via the application link below.
The application is a 2-step process. Applicants must complete the online application and then participate in a one-way video interview. The invitation to participate in the video interview will be emailed after you complete the online forms. The interview takes 15-20 minutes to complete and is a series of questions answered with a webcam or the mobile app.
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Whitewater Center.