Skate on an ice trail or free skate on 17,000 sq. ft of ice. Located in the Upper Pond of the Whitewater Center, the skating environment features three distinct programming areas and an on-ice Airstream serving hot and cold beverages. Please note, an advance time slot is required with your pass to access Ice Skating.
Time Slot Information
- Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, Ice Skating has limited capacity and requires an assigned time slot to participate for all pass holders.
- Time slot assignments are included at no extra charge with the purchase of a Single Activity Pass or Day Pass, as well as the redemption of an Annual Pass.
- Guest may only secure one time slot at a time.
- Additional time slots can be secured onsite only by visiting a Guest Services location.
- Time slots can be secured in advance online, onsite and via phone.
- *Online time slots are currently limited to Single Activity Pass purchases only with one time slot assignment per pass per transaction.
- Guests who wish to purchase or redeem a Day or Annual Pass must secure a time slot via phone or onsite.
- Please call Guest Services at (704) 391-3900 for more information.
- Check the Activity Schedule on the day of your visit for ice skating hours.
- Skating will be available through mid-February.
- Ice Skating requires a Single Activity Pass ($20) or All Access Pass ($59 Day Pass; $219 Annual Pass).
- Skate rentals are included in pass purchases.
- Socks are required.
- Ice Skating capacity has been limited pursuant to guidance regarding outdoor ice skating in NC Executive Order #169.