Challenge yourself off-road during the 5th annual XTERRA Whitewater Triathlon taking place on Saturday, July 19. This USA Triathlon sanctioned trail triathlon will test your swimming, mountain biking and trail running skills in a rugged off-road environment.
- Date – Saturday, July 19, 2014
- Distance – Swim (2 legs): 1K, Bike: 23K, Run: 8K
- Time – 8:00 a.m.
- USA Triathlon Sanctioned Event #214157
- $77 – Pre-registration available online through July 16
- $87 – Race day registration (if available)
- *Note: Recover race shirts are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by July 9.
- *Note: USA Triathlon policy requires each athlete to maintain a yearly USAT membership OR purchase a USAT One Day Membership at packet pick up.
- To save time and reduce lines before the race, hard copy applications can be found at the USA Triathlon website HERE.
- $10 – 17 and under
- $12 – 18 and better
Saturday, June 7
Sunday, June 22
Friday, July 18
- 5 – 7 p.m. – Packet pick-up at U.S. National Whitewater Center
- 8:30 – 10 p.m. – Film Screening – Who Owns Water
- *Race Day Registration will be available during packet pick-up
- *Note: We encourage pre-registered athletes to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
Saturday, July 19
- 6:30 a.m. – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 6:30 a.m. – Transition Zone opens
- 7:30 a.m. – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 8:00 a.m. – XTERRA Whitewater Triathlon begins (Water Start)
- Time TBD – Awards ceremony
- 11:30 a.m. – Course closes (athletes may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
Be sure to stick around for food, drinks, beer from NoDa Brewing Co. raffle prizes and awards.
Overall Male/Female finishers will receive a pair of Montrail Trail Running shoes. TrySports / Dick’s Sporting Goods gift certificates will be given to top three Male/Female finishers in the following categories:
- 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55 and better
XTERRA Point Series:
Based on athlete’s age as of December 31, 2014. XTERRA Point Series points are given to all athletes in the following categories
- Male/Female 15-19: Male/Female 20-24: Male/Female 25-29: Male/Female 30-34: Male/Female 35-39: Male/Female 40-44: Male/Female 45-49: Male/Female 50-54: Male/Female 55-59: Male/Female 60-64: Male 65-69: Female 65+: Male 70-74: Male 75+
- XTERRA Whitewater features a unique 2 leg swim with a brief trail run (1/4 mile) section. Athletes are encouraged (not required) to bring a 2nd pair of shoes to use between both swim legs. Shoes will be collected at the shoe drop zone prior to the 2nd swim leg and returned to the transition zone for pick up after the race.
- It is mandatory that athletes wear swim caps during the entire duration of the swim. You will be given a swim cap at pre-race check-in.
- XTERRA follows the International Triathlon Union (ITU) wetsuit rules. Wetsuits are:
- Mandatory for Age Group athletes if the water temperature is BELOW 57’
- Permitted for Age Group athletes if the water temperature is AT or BELOW 72’
- Forbidden for Age Group athletes if the water temperature is ABOVE 72’
- Mandatory for Professional athletes if the water temperature is BELOW 57’
- Permitted for Professional athletes if the water temperature is AT or BELOW 68’
- Forbidden for Professional athletes if the water temperature is ABOVE 68’
- *NOTE: Previous year’s average surface temperature was above 72′
Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Race photos available here.
- Overall results (PDF)
- Age group results (PDF)
- Overall results (PDF)
- Age group results (PDF)
Additional Race Info:
- Recover race shirts are only guaranteed to those who register by July 9
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of the athlete’s bike and shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water stop locations
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Locker rooms with full shower facilities are located at the main USNWC River Center
- There will be no gear/bag check at the start/finish for this race
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times, trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- No pets allowed on the course
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered