Secure footwear with a heel strap is required. Old sneakers, water shoes, or sandals with a rubber sole are suggested.
- For warm weather: bathing suit, shorts, t-shirt, rash guard, or quick drying clothing is ideal.
- For cooler weather: bathing suit, rain jacket, warm/quick drying clothing, and warm socks. Cotton and jeans are not recommended as they will only make you colder.
- Secure footwear with a heel strap is required. Old sneakers, water shoes, or sandals with a rubber sole are suggested.
- Eyeglass strap
- A change of clothes and shoes
Provided by USNWC (with the purchase of an Day Pass):
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
Wetsuits, booties, and splash jackets are available to rent (see below)
Closed-toe shoes are required for all land activities.
- Comfortable, light, and loose-fitting clothing (including shirts, shorts, or pants)
- Climbers may utilize personal gear at staff discretion.
Provided by USNWC (with the purchase of an Activity Pass):
- Helmet (bike and climbing)
- Climbing harness
Climbing shoes and climbing harnesses are available to rent (see below)
Secure footwear with a heel strap is recommended. Old sneakers, water shoes, or sandals with a rubber sole are suggested.
- Hardboaters (kayaks and canoes) are required to provide all of their own gear for paddling. Flotation is required.
- Those participating in whitewater kayak instruction will be provided with all necessary gear.
Necessary activity specific equipment and gear is included with the purchase of an activity pass. If you forget something or feel that what you brought isn’t sufficient, the USNWC can outfit you with rentals. Rentals require a valid credit card and additional charges apply for lost or damaged rental gear.
- All-Purpose Shoe – $9
- River Booties – $6
- Climbing Shoes – $6
- Splash Jacket – $6
- Wet Suit – $17
- Wet Gear Package – $22
- (Jacket, Suit, Booties)
- All-Purpose Helmet – $15
- (With Camera Mount)