|The inaugural Time Laps 24 Hr Relay Race is a lap-based trail relay race in which teams attempt to achieve as many points (miles weighted based on difficulty) as possible within a 24-hour time period. The race will begin at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 9 and will end at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 10. The race will be highlighted by bon fires, food, beer from NoDa Brewing Co., special awards, raffle prizes and live music during our River Jam concert series during the post race festival.To make this event more unique and fun, participants will also have the option to purchase a Time Laps Activity Pass that will grant access to participate in a number of activities throughout Friday night and early Saturday morning including, night Zip Lining, Stand-up Paddleboarding, Rock Climbing and of course Whitewater activities. Along with the fun, excitement and challenge of the race itself, each pre-registered participant will receive a tech performance t-shirt, finisher’s item, three hot meals throughout the event, beer from NoDa Brewing Co., camping with full shower facilities on-site, and a post-race party with live music.
- Date – Friday, May 9 to Saturday, May 10, 2014
- Time – 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Distance – Various lap options ranging from 1-7 miles (see Course Map)
- $1100 – Pre-registration (7 – 12 team members) available online through April 20
- $600 – Pre-registration (3 – 6 team members) available online through April 20
- If you are interested in running solo or on a team of less than 3, please email email@example.com
- *Note: Recover race shirts are only guaranteed to teams who register by April 20.
Friday, May 9
- 5:30 p.m. – Packet pick-up and Team check-in begins
- 6:00 p.m. – Welcome Pasta Dinner begins (included in registration fee)
- 6:30 p.m. – Packet pick-up and Team check-in ends
- 6:45 p.m. – Mandatory pre-race meeting with all team captains
- 7:00 p.m. – Time Laps 24Hr Relay Race begins
- 8:00 p.m. - Welcome Pasta Dinner ends
- 9:00 p.m. – Time Laps Activity Pass begins
- 9:00 p.m. – Night Rafting
- 9:30 p.m. – Deep Water Solo Climbing
- 10:30 p.m. – Night Mega Zipping
- 11:30 p.m. – Night Rock Climbing
Saturday, May 10
- 12:30 a.m. – Night Stand Up Paddleboarding
- 3:00 a.m. – Time Laps Activity Pass ends
- 7:00 a.m. – Breakfast begins (included in registration fee)
- 9:00 a.m. – Breakfast ends
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch begins (included in registration fee)
- 2:00 p.m. – Lunch ends
- 7:00 p.m. – Time Laps 24Hr Relay Race ends
- 7:00 p.m. – Post-Race party, awards and River Jam concert begins
- 8:15 p.m. – Team campsites must be cleaned up and cleared out
The following document provides important race information for teams.
Be sure to stick around for food, drinks, raffle prizes and awards as well as the live music during our River Jam concert series.
- All participants will receive a Time Laps finishers item upon completion.
- Awards will be given to top 3 teams for both the 6 member and 12 member teams.
- Various prizes will also be given out throughout the race based on surprise competitions throughout the 24 hr time frame.
Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Event Info:
- All runners are required to utilize a headlamp or illuminated light source between sunset (8.15 PM) and sunrise (6:25 AM)
- Recover race shirts are only guaranteed to teams who register by April 20
- No camping outside of designated areas.
- All Team Captains must sign the USNWC waiver for the entire team before participating
- Teams must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center, Kayak Center and Adventure Pavilion
- Locker rooms with shower facilities are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Time Laps 24Hr Relay Race registration is non-refundable and non-transferable
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times, trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- No pets allowed on the course
- If an emergency is encountered where additional support is needed, participants are encouraged to call 911 and notify Race Officials.