Ultrarunner Karl Meltzer has dreamed of setting the speed record for crossing the Appalachian Trail as long as he’s been running. Now Karl sets out for his third and final attempt to run the 2,189 miles (3,523km) in less than 46 days, 8 hours, 6 min. Made To Be Broken follows his journey.
Join Karl Meltzer at the U.S. National Whitewater Center for a social group run leaving OUTFITTERS at 5:00 pm before the film starts. Karl will stick around for a Q&A following the film. Public participation, comments, and questions will be encouraged. Karl is the current 50 mile record-holder at the U.S. National Whitewater Center’s WC-50 Ultra Trail Marathon.
While not condoned by the USNWC, guests should be advised that this film may feature strong language and adult themes which may not be appropriate for younger children.
- When: Friday, October 13th
- Time: 6:50 pm (projected sunset on October 13th)
- Film Length: 45 minutes
- Location: River Jam Stage
- Cost: Free and open to the public
- Weather: This event will proceed rain or shine
- Social Group Run with Karl Meltzer: Departs from OUTFITTERS at 5:00 pm
- Q&A with Karl Meltzer to follow the film