Spend your holiday weekend with friends and family at the Whitewater Center for the Memorial Day Celebration. The festivities include 5 and 8 mile trail races, yoga, as well as live music on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening. Stick around Sunday evening to enjoy our fireworks display at dusk, capping off the Memorial Day Celebration. As with all of Whitewater’s Festivals, the Memorial Day Celebration is free to attend, open to the public, and does not require tickets.
Sunday, May 26, 2019:
- 9:00am – Memorial Day Trail Race
- 9:00am – Pass Activities Open
- 9:30am – SUP Yoga
- 11:30am – Open Level Flow Yoga
- 11:00am – SUP Yoga
- 2:30pm – Slow Flow Yoga
- 5:00pm – Terrace Access Opens
- 6:00pm – Live Music
- 8:00pm – Live Music
- 8:00pm – Pass Activities Close
- 9:30pm – Fireworks
- 10:00pm – Terrace Access Closes
Terrace Access offers guests a premiere view of the music, festivities, and fireworks. The Terrace Access opens at 5:00pm and remains open until 10:00pm on May 26, and offers food (from 6:00pm – 8:00pm), private cash bar, indoor and outdoor seating, private restrooms, and exclusive viewing area. Stay tuned for the Terrace Access menu and registration.
Join us at the South Ridge for yoga during the Memorial Day Celebration. Participants will meet at the South Ridge (see map for location). Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. Regular Yoga Series practices will take place as scheduled, as well as SUP Yoga at 9:30am and Acro Yoga at 1:30pm on Sunday, May 26. More information and details on the Whitewater Yoga Series can be found here.
SUP Yoga, taking place at 9:30am and 11:00am on Sunday, May 26, offers guests the chance to take their yoga practice to the water atop stand-up paddle boards. Practice will be led by a local certified instructor on the flatwater of the Catawba River. There is no charge for SUP Yoga if participants bring their own equipment (SUP board, PFD, and paddle). If equipment is needed, it will be provided by the Whitewater Center with the purchase of a Single Activity Pass, a Day Pass, or a Annual Pass on a first come, first serve basis (SUP Yoga is limited to 15 participants). Please check in at the Kayak Center to reserve your spot 30 minutes prior to the start of the practice.
Additional Event Info:
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.
- The USNWC does not have lodging or camping available on site. For local lodging, please visit our Accommodations page.