The USNWC is the place to enjoy the long holiday weekend at the Labor Day Celebration. The Labor Day 5k and 15k trail race will kick off the festivities Sunday morning, followed by a day of outdoor adventure, yoga, deep water solo climbing competition, a cornhole tournament, and live music. Be sure to stick around after the sun goes down for our popular Labor Day fireworks show.
For more information, please visit the Festival & Concert FAQs.
Friday, September 1, 2017:
- 5:00pm – Labor Day Trail Race and The Dry Tri Packet Pick-up begins
- 7:00pm – Packet Pick-up ends
- Sunset – Whitewater Film Series
Saturday, September 2, 2017:
Sunday, September 3, 2017:
- 9:00am – Labor Day 15K Trail Race
- 9:20am – Labor Day 5K Trail Race
- 9:30am – SUP Yoga
- 11:30am – Yoga
- 2:00pm – Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Bouldering Comp 1 Begins
- 3:00pm – Cornhole Tournament
- 3:30pm – Terrace Access Opens
- 4:00pm – Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Bouldering Comp 1 Ends
- 4:00pm – The Sweet Lillies
- 4:30pm – Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Bouldering Comp 2 Begins
- 6:00pm – Blackfoot Gypsies
- 6:30pm – Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Bouldering Comp 2 Ends
- 8:00pm – Leftover Salmon
- 9:30pm – Fireworks
- Post Fireworks – Terrace Access Closes
Join us at The Terrace for a premiere view of the music and festivities during the Labor Day holiday. The Terrace Access opens at 3:30pm and goes to the end of music, offering a catered meal (served between 5:30pm-7:30pm), private cash bar, indoor and outdoor seating, restrooms, and exclusive viewing area.
- Price: $45 per person
- Terrace Access tickets are on-sale until midnight of Friday, September 1, 2017
- Menu: Coming Soon
Join us at the South Ridge (see festival map above for location) for yoga during both days of the Labor Day Celebration. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. More information and details on the USNWC’s Yoga Series can be found here.
SUP Yoga offers guests the chance to take their yoga practice to the water atop stand-up paddle boards. Practice will be led by a local certified instructor on the flatwater of the Catawba River. There is no charge for SUP Yoga if participants bring their own equipment (SUP board, PFD, and paddle). If equipment is needed, it will be provided by the USNWC with the purchase of a Single Activity Pass, a Day Pass, or a Season Pass on a first come, first serve basis (SUP Yoga is limited to 15 participants). Please check in at the Kayak Center to reserve your spot 30 minutes prior to the start of the practice.
Pick your partner and let the festivities begin in the USNWC’s Labor Day Celebration Cornhole Tournament. Tournament check-in begins at 2:00pm.
- Price: $30 per team
- Cornhole Tournament Rules