There is no shortage of ways to get outside and explore with this year’s Labor Day Celebration at the USNWC; activities, music, and races await all weekend long. Saturday morning kicks off the festivities with All Levels Flow Yoga, Dry Tri, the Aqua Rock Deep Water Solo Climbing Competition, and of course, River Jam in the evening. Sunday begins with the Labor Day 5K and 15K Trail Race followed by another day of outdoor adventure, yoga, and live music, ending with a firework display after sunset to cap off the Labor Day Celebration. As with all of Whitewater’s Festivals, the Labor Day Celebration is free to attend, open to the public, and does not require tickets.
Sunday, September 1, 2019:
- 9:00am – Labor Day 15K Trail Race
- 9:00am – Pass Activities Open
- 9:20am – Labor Day 5K Trail Race
- 9:30am – SUP Yoga
- 11:00am – Fun Flow Yoga
- 1:30pm – Acro Yoga
- 5:00pm – Terrace Access Opens
- 6:00pm – Live Music
- 8:00pm – Live Music
- 8:00pm – Pass Activities Close
- 9:30pm – Fireworks
- 10:00pm – Terrace Access Closes
Join us at Terrace Access for a premiere view of the music and festivities. Terrace Access offers food (from 6:00pm – 8:00pm), private cash bar, indoor and outdoor seating, restrooms, and exclusive viewing area. Stay tuned for the Terrace Access menu and registration.
Join us at the South Ridge (see festival map below for location) for yoga during the Labor Day Celebration. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. Regular Yoga Series practices will take place as scheduled, as well as SUP Yoga at 9:30am and Acro Yoga at 1:30pm and Sunday, September 1. More information and details on the USNWC’s Yoga Series can be found here.
SUP Yoga offers guests the chance to take their yoga practice to the water atop stand-up paddle boards. Practice will be led by a local certified instructor on the flatwater of the Catawba River. There is no charge for SUP Yoga if participants bring their own equipment (SUP board, PFD, and paddle). If equipment is needed, it will be provided by the USNWC with the purchase of a Single Activity Pass, a Day Pass, or a Annual Pass on a first come, first serve basis (SUP Yoga is limited to 15 participants). Please check in at the Kayak Center to reserve your spot 30 minutes prior to the start of the practice. More information and details on the USNWC’s Yoga Series can be found here.
Additional Event Info:
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.
- The USNWC does not have lodging or camping available on site. For local lodging, please visit our Accommodations page.