A summer classic, the USNWC’s two-day Fourth of July Celebration is back for its ninth year and will once again provide plenty of opportunities to get outside and active over the holidays. In addition to the typical pass activities and tour options, the festival will also feature live music, various yoga practices, Battle Royale SUP Sprint, and two days of booming firework shows overlooking the world’s largest man-made whitewater river. As with all of Whitewater’s Festivals, the Fourth of July Celebration is free to attend, open to the public, and does not require tickets.
Wednesday, July 3, 2019:
- 9:00am – SUP Yoga
- 9:00am – Pass Activities Open
- 9:30am – All Levels Flow Yoga
- 1:30pm – Acro Yoga
- 5:00pm – Terrace Access Opens
- 5:00pm – Battle Royale SUP Sprint
- 6:00pm – Live Music
- 6:30pm – Slow Flow Yoga
- 8:00pm – Live Music
- 8:00pm – Pass Activities Close
- 9:30pm – Fireworks
- 10:00pm – Terrace Access Closes
Thursday, July 4, 2019:
Join us at the Terrace Access Party for a premiere view of the music, festivities, and fireworks. The Terrace Access opens at 5:00pm and goes until 10:00pm on both Wednesday the 3rd and Thursday the 4th, and offers food (served from 6:00pm – 8:00pm), private cash bar, indoor and outdoor seating, restrooms, and exclusive viewing area. Stay tuned for the Terrace Access menu and registration.
Join us at the South Ridge (see festival map below for location) for yoga during both days of the 4th of July Celebration. Practices are one hour in duration and are led by a certified yoga instructor. Regular Yoga Series practices will take place as scheduled, as well as SUP Yoga at 9:00am and Acro Yoga at 1:30pm on Wednesday (July 3), and three additional practices on Thursday (July 4) – SUP Yoga at 9:00am, All Levels Flow at 11:00am, and Acro Yoga at 1:30pm. More information and details on the USNWC’s Yoga Series can be found here.
SUP Yoga offers guests the chance to take their yoga practice to the water atop stand-up paddle boards. Practice will be led by a local certified instructor on the flatwater of the Catawba River. There is no charge for SUP Yoga if participants bring their own equipment (SUP board, PFD, and paddle). If equipment is needed, it will be provided by the USNWC with the purchase of a Single Activity Pass, a Day Pass, or a Annual Pass on a first come, first serve basis (SUP Yoga is limited to 15 participants). Please check in at the Kayak Center to reserve your spot 30 minutes prior to the start of the practice.
Additional Event Info:
- In-bound traffic to the USNWC via Belmeade Rd. and Whitewater Center Parkway may be closed or have limited access between the hours of 9:30pm and 10:30pm during the Fourth of July Celebration on both July 3rd and July 4th (this includes Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing providers).
- You are responsible for your own safety at all times and you must exercise extreme caution during your visit due to the inherently dangerous activities and elements at the USNWC.
- The USNWC does not allow coolers or outside food and beverage. All bags are subject to search.
- The USNWC is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the USNWC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel live music performances.
- Please visit our Festival & Concert FAQ for venue guidelines and additional information.
- The USNWC does not have lodging or camping available on site. For local lodging, please visit our Accommodations page.