The fifth annual Time Laps 24 Hour Relay Race puts your endurance to the test as you and your team race around the clock. This lap-based relay race challenges teams to earn as many points as possible within a 24-hour time period (points awarded based on difficulty-weighted mileage). The race begins Friday at 7:00pm and concludes Saturday at 7:00pm. Enjoy bonfires, food, craft beer, special awards, and raffle prizes while wrapping up the race with live music at our River Jam concert series during the post-race festival.
In addition to 24 hours of racing, each pre-registered participant will also receive a t-shirt, unique finisher’s medal, three hot meals during the event, beer from NoDa Brewing Co., camping with full shower facilities on-site, and a post-race party featuring live music.
- Date – May 4-5, 2018
- Distance – Various lap options ranging in mileage
- Time – 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Pre-Registration (must register by May 2)
- $110 per person
- +$25 additional Time Laps: 24Hr Relay Race Hoodie from Recover Brands
- Solo – contact email@example.com
- Race-Day Registration – Not Available
- *Note: Time Laps: 24 Hour Relay Race is limited to 400 participants on a first register, first serve basis.
- *Note: Recover shirts (VIEW HERE) and optional hoodies (VIEW HERE) are only guaranteed to those that register by April 29
- *Note: Time Laps race medals are only guaranteed to teams that register by April 9
- *Note: Registration does NOT include camp deposit of $50/team (cash only)
Friday, May 4th
- 3:30 p.m. – Packet pick-up, Team check-in, and Camping set-up begins
- 6:00 p.m. – Welcome Dinner begins (included in registration fee)
- 6:00 p.m. – Mandatory pre-race meeting with all team captains
- 6:30 p.m. – Packet pick-up and Team check-in ends
- 7:00 p.m. – Time Laps 24 Hour Relay Race begins
- 8:00 p.m. – Welcome Dinner ends
- TBD – S’mores around the campfire
Saturday, May 5th
- 7:00 a.m. – Breakfast begins (included in registration fee)
- 9:00 a.m. – Breakfast ends
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch begins (included in registration fee)
- 2:00 p.m. – Lunch ends
- 7:00 p.m. – Time Laps 24 Hour Relay Race ends
- 7:00 p.m. – Post-Race party, awards and River Jam concert begins
- 8:15 p.m. – Team campsites must be cleaned up and cleared out
- All participants will receive a unique Time Laps finisher’s medal upon completion (medals are only guaranteed to teams that register by April 19)
- Awards will be given to top 2 teams in each division (solo, 6 and under, 12 and under)
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer may be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer may be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at Outfitters for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Please note, there will be no restrooms located on course
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.