Brave the cold on the trail and in the water. It might be winter but we’re ready to throw down some trail mileage in the first trail race of the 2020 Whitewater Race Series. Two distances to choose from (5K and 10K). One Catawba River plunge.
- Date – Saturday, February 8, 2020
- Distance – 5K and 10K
- Time –
- 9:00am (5K start)
- 9:30am (10K start)
- 5K Course closes at 9:45 am
- 10K Course closes at 11:30am
- Plunge closes at 12:00pm
- Pre-Registration – Must register by 11:59pm on February 6
- $32 – 5k distance
- $37 – 10k distance
- Race-Day Registration – if available
- $37 – 5k distance
- $42 – 10k distance
- Frigid Trail Race and Plunge shirts are only guaranteed to those who register by 11:59pm on February 3, 2020.
- Add on a Frigid Trail Race and Plunge Hoodie for $35
Friday, February 7
- 5:00pm – 7:00pm – Early packet pick-up
- Location – TBD
- We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- Day-of Registration will be available during packet pick up
Saturday, February 8
- 7:00am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 8:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends for 5K
- 9:00am – Frigid 5k begins
- 9:15am – Day-of registration and packet pick-up ends for 10K
- 9:30am – Frigid 10k begins
- 9:45am – Frigid 5k course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
- 10:00am – Frigid 5k awards
- 11:30am – Frigid 10k course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
- 12:00pm – Plunge closes
- 12:00pm – Frigid 10k awards
Awards will be given to the top three male/female finishers in the following age groups for the 5k and 10k distances:
14-under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-better.
2018 – 2013 Results:
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer may be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer may be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All purchased Whitewater Race Series add-on gear must be collected during packet pick-up. Items will not be shipped.
- If the purchased add-on items are unable to be picked up during packet pick-up, items will be held at OUTFITTERS for pick-up for one week from the date of the event (seven days).
- It is the participant’s responsibility to email email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
- After seven days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- Participants not present for awards may collect their award from OUTFITTERS within two months of the race date. Items not collected within this time frame will be donated.
- Items cannot be shipped
- Participants must email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange award pick-up
- Typical parking fees apply
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director, if deemed unsafe registered racers will receive an email
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.