Get your feet and heart racing as you take the plunge in the Frigid 5k. Warm up with a 5k run through the Whitewater Center trail system, then be among the first to cool down very quickly as you leap into the chilly waters of the U.S. National Whitewater Center.
- Date – Saturday, February 10, 2018
- Distance – 5K
- Time – 9:00 a.m.
- Course closes at 9:45 a.m.
- Plunge closes at 10:30 a.m.
- *Note: Whitewater Race Series swag are only guaranteed to those who register by February 2.
- Pre-Registration – Must register by February 8
- Race-Day Registration – if available
Friday, February 9
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Early packet pick-up
- Location –TBD
- *Note: We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- *Note: “Race Day Registration” will be available during packet pick up
Saturday, February 10
- 7:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 8:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 9:00am – Frigid 5K begins
- 9:45am – Awards
- 9:45am – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
- 10:30am – Plunge closes
Awards will be given to the top three male/female finishers in the following age groups:
14-under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-better.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer may be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer may be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Please note, there will be no restrooms located on course
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.