Get your feet and heart racing as you take the plunge in the Frigid 5k. Warm up with a 5 kilometer run on the brand new Greenway Trail along Whitewater Center Parkway, then cool down very quickly as you leap into the chilly waters of the world’s largest man-made whitewater river.
- Date – Saturday, February 13, 2016
- Distance – 5K
- Time – 8:00 a.m.
- Course closes at 8:45 a.m.
- Participants must be able to complete the course in 45 minutes
- Vehicular traffic on the parkway will re-open at 8:45 a.m.
- Pre-Registration – Must register by February 11th
- Race-Day Registration – if available
Friday, February 12th
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Early packet pick-up
- Location – Sun & Ski – Ballantyne
Saturday, February 13th
- 6:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 7:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 8:00am – Frigid 5K begins
- 8:45am – Awards
- 8:45am – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
*Note: All outbound traffic leaving the USNWC will be prohibited between 8:00-8:45am on race day
Be sure to bring a change of clothes and stick around for fire pits, hot chocolate, cookies, bananas, drinks, beer from NoDa Brewing Company and raffle prizes.
Awards will be given to the top three male/female finishers in the following age groups:
14-under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-better.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water stop location
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Locker rooms are located at the main USNWC River Center
- There will be no gear/bag check at the start/finish for this race
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass.
- Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times, trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- No pets allowed on the course
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.