Get your feet and heart racing as you take the plunge in the Frigid 5k. Warm up with a 5 kilometer run on the brand new Greenway Trail along Whitewater Center Parkway, then cool down very quickly as you leap into the chilly waters of the world’s largest man-made whitewater river.
- Date – Saturday, February 13, 2016
- Distance – 5K
- Time – 8:00 a.m.
- Course closes at 8:45 a.m.
- Participants must be able to complete the course in 45 minutes
- Vehicular traffic on the parkway will re-open at 8:45 a.m.
- Pre-Registration – Must register by February 11th
- *Note: Must register by February 8
- Race-Day Registration – if available
Saturday, February 13th
- 6:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 7:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 8:00am – Frigid 5K begins
- 8:45am – Awards
- 8:45am – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
*Note: All outbound traffic leaving the USNWC will be prohibited between 8:00-8:45am on race day
Be sure to bring a towel and stick around for fire pits, hot chocolate, cookies, bananas, drinks, beer from NoDa Brewing Company and raffle prizes.
Awards will be given to the top three male/female finishers in the following age groups:
14-under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-better.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at email@example.com.
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water stop location
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Locker rooms are located at the main USNWC River Center
- There will be no gear/bag check at the start/finish for this race
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass.
- Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times, trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- No pets allowed on the course
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.