Channel the luck of the Irish as you dodge green dye throughout the Color Me Green 5k, a challenging trail race with a St. Patrick’s Day twist. This untimed race challenges runners to avoid or invite being bombarded with green dye as they run through the USNWC trail system. We recommend that runners wear white t-shirts as awards will be given to the cleanest and the greenest participants.
- Date – Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Distance – 5K
- Time – 10:00 a.m.
- Course closes at 11:15 a.m
- Pre-Registration Shirt only – Must register by March 9
- Pre-Registration Shirt and Hoodie – Must register by March 9
- Race-Day Registration – If available
- *Note: Recover race shirts and hoodies are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by March 6
Saturday, March 12th
- 8:00am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 9:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 10:00am – Color Me Green 5K begins
- 10:45am – Awards
- 11:15am – Course closes (runners may finish the course, but water stops will be broken down)
By pre-registering for this race, each participant will be entered into a drawing for a pairs of Salomon shoes (two winners will be selected), Feetures! socks (25 winners will be selected), Dick’s Sporting Goods gift certificates (10 winners will be selected) and Mountain Khakis gift certificates (five winners will be selected).
Since this is an untimed race, awards will be given to the top 5 overall male/female finishers. Raffle prizes will be given out to various randomized runners throughout the event.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable
- Green Dye used during this race is corn starch that has been colored with food dye. It is 100% biodegradable.
- We recommend washing your clothes soon after the race to reduce the chances of stains.
- This is an untimed race – You are responsible for keeping your own time if you want to know your results
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- See course map for water station location
- There will be no gear/bag check at the start/finish for this race
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times, trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- No pets allowed on the course
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.