Kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding aren’t the only ways to enjoy the Catawba River at the USNWC. Open Water Swim takes place every Thursday night in May through September from 6:30-8:00pm at the flatwater docks, offering guests a chance to work on their strokes before enjoying an evening of live music at River Jam.
- Open Water Swim is a lap-based swim and is intended for swimmers focused on training and conditioning in open water.
- This program is not intended for recreational swimming (ie: playing in the water).
- Swimmers should be confident in their own abilities in the water as this is a self-assisted activity (no water safety personnel on duty).
- In order to participate, swimmers are required to bring their own brightly colored swim cap.
- Open Water Swim takes place on Thursday evenings in May through September.
- 6:30 PM – Open Water Swim begins
- Meet at the Old Flatwater Dock for participation
- All participants must sign the USNWC Waiver before participating
- Locker rooms and shower facilities are located at the main USNWC River Center
- All guests are required to pay a $6 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $50