The fourth annual Time Laps 24 Hour Relay Race puts your endurance to the test as you and your team race around the clock. This lap-based relay race challenges teams to earn as many points as possible within a 24-hour time period (points awarded based on difficulty-weighted mileage). The race begins Friday at 7:00pm and concludes Saturday at 7:00pm. Enjoy bonfires, food, craft beer, special awards, and raffle prizes while wrapping up the race with live music at our River Jam concert series during the post-race festival.
In addition to 24Hrs of racing, each pre-registered participant will also receive a t-shirt, unique finisher’s medal, three hot meals during the event, beer from NoDa Brewing Co., s’mores, camping with full shower facilities on-site, and a post-race party featuring live music.
New in 2017: Optional Recover Brand/Time Laps 24Hr Relay Race Hoodie. See below for details.
- Date – May 5-6, 2017
- Distance – Various lap options ranging in mileage
- Time – 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Pre-Registration (must register by May 3) – SOLD OUT as of 4/30/2017
- $100 per person
- $+25 additional Time Laps: 24Hr Relay Race Hoodie from Recover Brands
- Solo – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Race-Day Registration – Not Available
- *Note: Time Laps: 24Hr Relay Race is limited to 300 participants on a first register, first serve basis.
- Registration has reached maximum capacity as of 4/30/2017
- *Note: Recover shirts (and optional hoodies) are only guaranteed to those that register by April 30
- *New in 2017: In our continued effort to reduce the environmental impact of our events, we have partnered with our hydration friends at NoDa Brewing Co. to provide each finisher their own steel pint cup. This cup will replace the need for single use cups throughout the post-race festivities at this and other select Whitewater Race Series events.
- *Note: Time Laps race medals are only guaranteed to teams that register by April 9
- *Note: Registration does NOT include camp deposit of $50/team (cash only)
Friday, May 5th
- 3:30 p.m. – Packet pick-up, Team check-in, and Camping set-up begins
- 6:00 p.m. – Welcome Dinner begins (included in registration fee)
- 6:00 p.m. – Mandatory pre-race meeting with all team captains
- 6:30 p.m. – Packet pick-up and Team check-in ends
- 7:00 p.m. – Time Laps 24Hr Relay Race begins
- 8:00 p.m. – Welcome Dinner ends
- Sunset – Whitewater Film Series screening – Trails in Motion
- TBD – S’mores around the campfire
Saturday, May 6th
- 7:00 a.m. – Breakfast begins (included in registration fee)
- 9:00 a.m. – Breakfast ends
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch begins (included in registration fee)
- 2:00 p.m. – Lunch ends
- 7:00 p.m. – Time Laps 24Hr Relay Race ends
- 7:00 p.m. – Post-Race party, awards and River Jam concert begins
- 8:15 p.m. – Team campsites must be cleaned up and cleared out
- All participants will receive a unique Time Laps finisher’s medal upon completion
- Awards will be given to top 2 teams in each division (solo, 6 and under, 12 and under)
2016 Recap Video
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at email@example.com
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer may be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 50% registration transfer may be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.