Get your feet and heart racing as you take the plunge in the Frigid 5k. Warm up with a 5k run through the Whitewater Center trail system, then be among the first to cool down very quickly as you leap into the chilly waters of the brand new Deep Water Solo pool.
- Date – Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Distance – 5K
- Time – 9:00 a.m.
- Course closes at 9:45 a.m.
- Plunge closes at 10:30 a.m.
- *Note: Whitewater Race Series beanies are only guaranteed to those who register by February 5.
- Pre-Registration – Must register by February 9
- Race-Day Registration – if available
Friday, February 10
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Early packet pick-up
- Location – NoDa Brewing Co.
- *Note: We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- *Note: “Race Day Registration” will be available during packet pick up
Saturday, February 11
- 7:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins
- 8:30am – Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 9:00am – Frigid 5K begins
- 9:45am – Awards
- 9:45am – Course closes (runners may finish the course however official times may not be recorded)
- 10:30am – Plunge closes
Awards will be given to the top three male/female finishers in the following age groups:
14-under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-better.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer may be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer may be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- See Course Map for water/electrolyte stop locations
- If you think you may require additional hydration along the course, please plan accordingly
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Please note, there will be no restrooms located on course
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.