An array of obstacles stand between you and the finish line in the 6th annual Dirty Dozen Obstacle Adventure Race. Get ready for our new adventure race format, which allows runners to complete obstacle in the order of their choosing. While this is not an official “mud run”, expect to get dirty along the way. Put your strength, endurance, and coordination to the test as you navigate your way through several physical challenges along the USNWC trail system, then celebrate your accomplishment with a full day of activities at Fall Finale.
- Date – Saturday, October 7, 2017
- Distance – Various (Participants choose their own route)
- Time: 9:00 a.m.
- Pre-registration – Must register by October 5
- Race day registration – if available
- *New in 2017: In our continued effort to reduce the environmental impact of our events, we have partnered with our hydration friends at NoDa Brewing Co. to provide each finisher their own steel pint cup. This cup will replace the need for single use cups throughout the post-race festivities at this and other select Whitewater Race Series events.
- *Note: Recover Brands race shirts are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by October 2.
Friday, October 6
- 5:00-7:00pm – Packet pick-up at U.S. National Whitewater Center
- *Note: We encourage pre-registered runners to participate in the early packet pick-up to decrease race day lines
- *Note: “Race Day Registration” will be available during packet pick up
- *Note: Early packet pick-up is optional. Typical parking fees apply
- Sunset – Whitewater Film Series film screening
Saturday, October 7
- 7:30 a.m. – Race day registration and packet pick-up begins – Pump House Biergarten
- 8:30 a.m. –Race day registration and packet pick-up ends
- 9:00 a.m. – Dirty Dozen Obstacle Adventure Race begins
- TBD – Awards ceremony
- 11:00 a.m. – Course closes (runners not back by this time will be disqualified)
Awards will be given to top three Male/Female finishers in various categories determined closer to the event.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Race Series Refund and Transfer Policy:
- Race Registration is non-refundable
- A 100% registration transfer may be requested 2 months (or more) in advance of race day via email@example.com
- A 50% registration transfer may be requested 1 month (or more) in advance of race day via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration transfers are only applicable to the same race the following year
- All participants must sign the USNWC waiver before participating
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc are strongly discouraged for the safety of all participants
- Remain attentive and courteous at all times
- No pets allowed on the course
- Race bib must be visible and worn on the front of shirt to receive an accurate time
- Participants must be present to accept awards. Awards will not be mailed
- Restrooms are located at the main USNWC River Center and the Pump House Biergarten
- Locker rooms/showers are located at the main USNWC River Center
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director
- All guests are required to pay a $5 parking fee at the USNWC unless guest has an annual parking pass. Annual parking passes are available through the USNWC for $40
- The USNWC does not conduct trail rescues in the event of an emergency. Participants are encouraged to call 911 THEN notify event staff if an emergency is encountered.